32 St Regis sold at Scottsdale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 St Regis sold at Scottsdale

A 1932 St. Regis was listed and sold at Russo Steele Auction in Scottsdale this weekend. Did anyone see what the selling price was?

The St. Regis Brougham body style is superb. I looked at a '33 Commander St. Regis that was for sale in Mass. years ago.....Owner said it had started life as a factory show car, as he pointed out the CHROME PLATED DASHBOARD!!

Comment

If we could only get Richard Quinn to post a picture of one.(hint hint) Some of the best cars ever produced by Studebaker.
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

If you google Russo Steele Auction Scottsdale 2013 and the search 32 Studebaker there is a nice picture of the St Regis. It belonged to a member of our chapter but he is in AZ at the auction and I haven't been able to find the selling price yet. His is a series 55 with fresh total restoration, beyond beautiful.

Comment

Talked to the owner/seller today. The car went for half price at 47K, had been appraised at 90K. Very disappointed seller.

Comment

The model 55 was the bottom rung of the '32 St Regis lineup. Had it been a President, it would have brought a much higher price, I'm sure. I have a model 55 Regal Six sedan and it's a nice car, but the Pres 8 is considered a true classic in all body styles, unlike the Six. I wouldn't mind having that car at all, though!!!

Comment

Matt Harwood sold the car to the fellow who lost big time here in Ohio. I looked at the car but would not pay 90k. He was suppose to put it in the studebaker museum in Indiana. Now I see it here. The idiot should never have put it in a no reserve auction !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 63 R2 Hawk View Post
                  The model 55 was the bottom rung of the '32 St Regis lineup. Had it been a President, it would have brought a much higher price, I'm sure. I have a model 55 Regal Six sedan and it's a nice car, but the Pres 8 is considered a true classic in all body styles, unlike the Six. I wouldn't mind having that car at all, though!!!
                  It is a president !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen it in person....is the full size St Regis.....long wheelbase.

Comment

I have seen that car a couple times in person and it is stunning. That is a terribly low price for that car.

Comment

If this is the one, it's a 55, not a President. http://www.russoandsteele.com/collec...baker-55/30572
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by mike super View Post
                        It is a president !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen it in person....is the full size St Regis.....long wheelbase.
                        The St Regis photo posted by Rockne10 is a President. It was restored by Eric Lavine of Nappanee Indiana for S. Ray Miller of Elkhart. After Ray's death it was sold at his auction in Oct. 2004 for $88,000 plus a buyers premium. It had a few owners after that until purchased by a member of the Studebaker National Museum board of directors (Charles Hayes) who last year donated it to the museum where it is now on display. There are only 4-5 '32 President St Regis Broughams known and no '33s.
                        Richard Quinn
                        Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Phew, the auction car was a Model 55 and not the car in post 4. I feel better now.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                            The St Regis photo posted by Rockne10 is a President. It was restored by Eric Lavine of Nappanee Indiana for S. Ray Miller of Elkhart. After Ray's death it was sold at his auction in Oct. 2004 for $88,000 plus a buyers premium. It had a few owners after that until purchased by a member of the Studebaker National Museum board of directors (Charles Hayes) who last year donated it to the museum where it is now on display. There are only 4-5 '32 President St Regis Broughams known and no '33s.
                            Here is a listing of the auction results for the sale of Ray Miller's beautiful collection. The City of Elkhart was encouraged to buy the museum and maintain it, but unfortunately couldn't come up the funds to do it. R & M handled the sale. I visited the museum several years earlier when Ray had an open house. It was the only opportunity I recall to see Pratt-Elkhart and Elcar autos which were manufactured by a company founded by Pratt Furniture Co. Sometime ago I mentioned in a link that my aunt was appointed Cashier of the company by the BOD. At one point Elcar was buying wheels from near-by Studebaker.

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Mike Super sure pops off a lot of gas when he is completely uninformed. The car sold in Scottsdale is a 1932 St. Regis Brougham model 55. There are only three complete cars known in the world like this. The car is newly and perfectly restored to better than new condition. As we all know appraisals are just appraisals. It was appraised at $90K but the owner said last fall, "don't show me $80k unless you want to own the car". So when the bidding stopped at $47k and it would have cost him $12,000 in fees to elect 'no sale' plus transport the thing a thousand miles home, he decided to take his lumps and let it go.

So, no the car is not and never was a President as Super claimed to know and now the question is, WHO is the idiot? Is it gentlemanly on this forum to criticize another for how he decides to dispose of his own property? What do you think, Mike?

Comment

Working...
                              X