Lark on Hemmings Classic Car cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark on Hemmings Classic Car cover

Got my March HCC in the mail today. The cover car is a '60 Lark convertible owned by Bob Easton of Welland, Ontario. And there's a feature article on the restoration of same. If you don't subscribe pick one up when the mag comes out on the newstands in a week or two. Did BP exert his influence with HCC???

Don't forget the Rockne article!
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

BP would have had nothing to do with this.
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

They probably put the subject of the restoration profile on the cover, either way a nice car and article.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I'd guess it doesn't take alot to get in HCC...and that's not meant as a put down on people and cars in it.
          It's just fairly few guys take the time (and even more importantly, have quality photos) to document a restoration.
          I've has my "other" car in several publications...including the recently released "Lost Hot Rods II" and an upcoming European magazine.
          If you have photos and can string a sentance together, you're likely to get published somewhere.

The fact that it's an independent probably also works in our favor.

So get out and spread the word!
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Bob Easton was approached at the International meet this past summer in SB by the author of the article in Hemmings....can't think of his name but I do know he was a guest speaker at the banquet. Guess he was attracted to Bob's car and he interviewed Bob and met him some other place for a photo shoot . I'm sure Bob will be excited to see this issue , it's not out up here yet , I checked tonight at a store that carrys Hemmings....will be a week or two here.
            sigpic

Comment

I'll be waiting for my copy this next week. I met Bob at the IM where we stayed at the same hotel. I had talked with him while we were cleaning our cars and learned about the work he had put into the Lark. He was tickled pink when he told about having the Hemmings interview and photo shoot. Kudos to a very nice guy.
              sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                Bob Easton was approached at the International meet this past summer in SB by the author of the article in Hemmings....can't think of his name but I do know he was a guest speaker at the banquet. Guess he was attracted to Bob's car and he interviewed Bob and met him some other place for a photo shoot . I'm sure Bob will be excited to see this issue , it's not out up here yet , I checked tonight at a store that carrys Hemmings....will be a week or two here.
                The article was written by Matthew Litwin and Photographed by Jim Donnelly who I seem to recall was guest speaker at the recent SB National Meet.
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I'll be standing by the mailbox waiting for the issue.
                  Perry
                  \'50 Business Champion
                  \'50 Starlight Champion
                  \'60 Lark Convertible,
                  \'63 GT R1,
                  \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Bob and Joanne Easton's Lark on the cover of Hemmings Classic Car

I picked the magazine up today in Wegman's and the article is great! Bob and Joanne who are members of the Hamilton Chapter SDC and the Ontario Chapter,should be very pleased. Their car shows beautifully! This is the cover of the magazine. Lots of neat cars in it.

Roland Lusted, President Hamilton SDC
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1678651

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
                    studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Bob and Joanne have worked together very well on this car. Bob has told me it gets good gas milage (LOL).
                      sigpic
                      55 President Deluxe
                      64 Commander
                      66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

I know it's old hat by now, but I didn't see this issue until yesterday. It was really nice to see a Lark on the cover. Very cool! I also enjoyed Bob Palma's article.
                        '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

Don't forget to mention the Rockne article in there as well . Both those cars were at the International in SB last summer.
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree with all-the latest HCC features (as usual) some awesome cars, and they happen to be Studebakers this time!

Comment

Working...
                            X