need 9G idler arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need 9G idler arm

Anybody have a good idler arm for a '50 Champ? I sold my last one in Nov and Rev. Jim Kieth in AR needs one for his car.
    AFIK, no other models use same piece as the 9G.

Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
    Anybody have a good idler arm for a '50 Champ? I sold my last one in Nov and Rev. Jim Kieth in AR needs one for his car.
    maybe Roy V?
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I'm pretty careful who I send my friends to...

Comment

Got a frather-son '50 Champion project going on here locally. They need all three tie rods - left, right and center. Would be happy to have good, useable used ones if anyone knows of such. They've inquired to the bigger vendors already.
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Barry,what is the part number for this peice ? I have some 50 parts and can dig out but part # would help.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Barry is taking a leave of absence from the Forum for a little while. If you need to communicate with him, please email him using the link in his Profile.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Don't know why you need a new one. But some years ago, I thought I needed a new one because there was quite a bit of "slop" in the one I had. Couldn't find one and was given the idea to unscrew the arm and wrap it with teflon tape. Did that and it took the "slop"/play right out. Worked for years like that. Hope this helps.
              Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Comment

Are you referring to the pitman arm? The Chassis Parts Catalog shows a #526288. I have a spare and would be willing to turn lose of it. All of the tie rod ends can be found from various parts suppliers such as Studebaker International. The center tie rod is not available from any source that I know of. It's a one-year design that disappeared with the 1951 models. Wish somebody would come up with a reproduction center tie rod.

Comment

A mechanic who was working on my 1950 Champion said I needed a new center tie rod. It had been replaced already and I later found all of the wear and slop turned out to be bad bushings in the steering box. Swapped that assembly out, replaced the tie rod ends and everything is fine. Seem anyone can hang out a shingle as an expert these days.

Comment

Please see my statement above. If you want to contact Barry you must do it off-forum.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                      Please see my statement above. If you want to contact Barry you must do it off-forum.

Appears the forum nazi has banned him and removed his contact info. Anyone know how to get in touch with him? Steve
                      sigpic

Comment

You may reach him at barry@studebakersite.com .

Comment

Working...
                        X