T.O.'S TECHS--Fender repair--Before & After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T.O.'S TECHS--Fender repair--Before & After

My Grandson T.O. has completed the right front fender for "The Saturday Night Special. He tells me he is checking the seams and then blocking, before he turns it over to me to paint. Here's a in process and a fitting shot.

More, when he decides to stop playing around and goes to work.
    See what I mean. LOL

Wow he does nice work, are you hiring him out?
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

A great shot of a great day with your grandson!!

Phssstt!! Before anyone notices, take the funnel out of the pressure blaster.

Bob

Comment

Cool Pictures!
        That's quite the body man you have there.
        Looks like he's doing a great job.

Dean.

Comment

My fill funnel is busted just like yours.
          Seriously, I could use another good helper around here. What is his hourly rate?

Comment

Where did he find the starlight coupe model on the car hauler... all I can find are Starliners> I want a coupe to paint like my '53.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1412.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1678518Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1412.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1678518

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
              My Grandson T.O. has completed the right front fender for "The Saturday Night Special. He tells me he is checking the seams and then blocking, before he turns it over to me to paint. Here's a in process and a fitting shot.

More, when he decides to stop playing around and goes to work.
              See what I mean. LOL

What do you think Tex. If he wasn't so far away, would send the squirt over to give your grandson a hand.

Comment

I'm surprised the child labor police haven't put you both in jail! (unless you can convince us that they are "playing")

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                  Where did he find the starlight coupe model on the car hauler... all I can find are Starliners> I want a coupe to paint like my '53.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]20256[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20256[/ATTACH]

They come up on e-bay pretty regularly. They are a resin cast body and require the AMT kit for all the other parts. I have one for my 53 if I ever get around to building it. If you cant find one post on the toy club forum, those guys know who makes them. Steve

EDIT: Just realized that is the AMT altered wheelbase car (rear wheels at least are forward) I think the name of that model is Miss Deal and they are readily available (if you cant find one locally send me a PM, $10 plus shipping). The resin body would be better for what you want.
                  Last edited by wolfie; 01-14-2013, 07:01 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Don't we have child labor laws? LOL Actually, those are cute photos of the kids. Nice work!
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                    X