Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Todays barn find, tomorrows someones dream.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays barn find, tomorrows someones dream.

Well every now and then something comes my way in the Studebaker world since I am into it pretty heavy and to day is a rust free 55 President hard top, this is really not a barn find for me because I have known the owner of this car for about 40+ years and have seen the car now and then, this car has been last licensed in 1997 and sitting under cover since then, the owner called me and asked if I would help him sell the 55 President. I drove to his house today to inspect and take pictures of the car, also talk with the owner about the car so we can move ahead with a sale. The floors are really in good rust free shape as is the trunk floor only a very small spot there. the front fenders are starting to show some small bubbles but nothing bad as one might expect for a car sitting under cover outside for this long.

The car has a 259 V-8 and auto transmission with power steering and power brakes, it has been repainted years back some time in the 70's and still looks rather nice but not a stock color, in the past chrome items have been removed and holes filled in and you can see the spots now, all the trunk emblems and handle removed except the lock, the 3 pieces of chrome pot metal below the windshield removed but not filled in and same for the long door trim pieces, he thinks he still has them in the garage. the hood ornament and top of front fender ornaments are off and gone. The large center section of the grille has a long crack by the letters, side grille pieces and tail lights have some pitting but not cracked or broken, bumpers are nice.

Back when he parked the car he removed one of the heads and intake a 4 bld. carb and manifold and he can not remember why he did this since the car was a good runner, the Transmission had very few miles on a rebuild back then and should work ok when up and running again, brakes and gas tank will need to be checked out as always after sitting for any length of time. Any way the engine will need to be looked into. the price has not been put on the car yet but looking for some feed back and see if any forum members are interested, I will be bring the car to my shop tomorrow and take more pictures then after I have a chance to clean it up some. any interest just use my PM, thanks and here is a picture of the car.

Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Great looking project there Bob. Some chrome wheels would make it look like a sports car. I cant take on any more projects now, but that Champ pickup in the background could be tempting.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Brent, the champ is not for sale at this time, maybe later....Bob
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        Great looking project there Bob. Some chrome wheels would make it look like a sports car. I cant take on any more projects now, but that Champ pickup in the background could be tempting.

THAT was my thought, too! Make a good replacement for my 69 Chev truck..... Someday!

Drew

Comment

Nice car. I hope he gets a good price and the car gets a good home.
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Today I got a little time to work on the 55, since the front seats were after market buckets I removed them and vacuumed the floor and trunk, only some surface rust, not bad for a 57 year old car, I don't think you can find a better one all original floors and trunk. Take a look.

Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

Wow, very nice. Will be a great starting point for someone.
              Pat Dilling
              Olivehurst, CA
              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
              X