Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I wipe this silly smile off my face?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I wipe this silly smile off my face?

For the first time since 1972, I started and drove our '51 Champion up and down the streets. It was a picture perfect 65F degree day Ozarks day. The perfect day for a ride in a convertible.

I still can't stop laughing. What a great feeling.

Whatever you do, don't tell Lou Van Anne. Now he and his Aunts wouldn't have to push it up the hill. It just starts like any other car.

Don't wipe it off...just get used to it...wear it with pride!
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

To: Champ51,----- WOW!.....Forty-One years!.....Was there any system on the car that You didn't have to attend to?

Comment

very cool! any pics?
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Yes we want to see you sitting in it with that perma-grin on your face!
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I agree don't get rid of that smile.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Smile, smile, smile. Thats the primary reason we do most of the silly things we do here.
              sals54

Comment

I always found Studebaker-people happier than other car-owners, me included, why's that?

Comment

Cuz once you go Studebaker... you're done, you're there. Where else do you go for individual style and "stand out" power in a crowded field. I know my Stude is always a crowd pleaser when I hit the car shows. It makes ME smile.
                  sals54

Comment

I' so envious. Can't wait to drive my 50 Champ this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Champ51 View Post
                      For the first time since 1972, I started and drove our '51 Champion up and down the streets. It was a picture perfect 65F degree day Ozarks day. The perfect day for a ride in a convertible.

I still can't stop laughing. What a great feeling.

Whatever you do, don't tell Lou Van Anne. Now he and his Aunts wouldn't have to push it up the hill. It just starts like any other car.
                      Good, I would have felt guilty looking in the rear view mirror while my three 85+ year aunts push the Champ up on my trailer as we steal it back...after all it did belong to Van Anne Implement Co. before your father bought it. (Make sure it's full of gas, will you?)
                      Last edited by Lou Van Anne; 01-14-2013, 09:00 AM.
                      Lou Van Anne
                      62 Champ
                      64 R2 GT Hawk
                      79 Avanti II

Comment

It's obvious your efforts have paid off!
                        I hope it encourages others to do the same.
                        You have to kiss a few wrenches before you find a car of beauty becomes a Princess.
                        Enthusiasm and driving Studebaker's is like your turn signal, it doesn't just happen by itself!
                        Looking forward to seeing a picture.

James
                        Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
                        Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Champ51 (Dean) was at the monthly Ozark Trails meeting Sunday. Still smiling.
                          Gary Sanders
                          Nixa, MO

Comment

Another beautiful Ozark's day, another ride, another silly smile

It was another absolutely gorgeous day in the Ozarks, and another silly smile from riding in a convertible. This time with windows thanks to Bezhawk's comment and a lot of time spent adjusting (aka kissing wrenches).
                            This time we also remembered to bring a camera to record the event and we drove a little bit further. Far enough to get the engine all the way up to temp and start seeing oil pressure drop at idle. This picture was taken out at the end of the road.

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                            To: Champ51,----- WOW!.....Forty-One years!.....Was there any system on the car that You didn't have to attend to?
                            Yes, SN-60, almost everything on this car has been attended to. The only thing left untouched may be the glass. From hog troughs on up, its been worked on.

As you can see there is still lots left, but we are getting closer. Please no comments on the ugly low profile tires. They were takeoffs, but they are round and they do hold the car off the ground.
                            Attached Files

Comment

lookin' good!!!
                              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                              X