Fair Price for 57 Golden Hawk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair Price for 57 Golden Hawk?

Due to ongoing financial problems, I'll probably have to sell my hawk... it's on Craigs list (inland empire, Ca) I'd appreciate any input as to if I'm asking too much, or not enough, for a car in reasonably restoreble condition. thx...

Other than the typical cancer on doors/rear quarter, no major rust (floors/trunk/undercarriage good shape) Interior shot, but all there (cept headliner) This is the hawk from my '57 hawk Power train questions' thread... with the Packard 58L mated to the floor shift T-86... Thx in advance for your time and opinions ... jim

Sounds reasonable to me. For the right person, that car will make an excellent project, and be nice when finished. Of course if you'd advertised it for a dollar, most folks would be trying to get it for fifty cents.

Comment

It's doubtful we'll ever see a complete '57 GH for less.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Reasonable price provided all the 57-golden unique parts are there, including the supercharger setup.

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
          It's doubtful we'll ever see a complete '57 GH for less.

jack vines
          The ad states that it does not have a GH engine or transmission. The pictures show it with a diferent hood. This GH is okay, but not "complete".
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            The ad states that it does not have a GH engine or transmission. The pictures show it with a diferent hood. This GH is okay, but not "complete".
            the hood is wrong? jim

Comment

Originally posted by jdbass View Post
              the hood is wrong? jim
              The '57 GOLDEN Hawk had a cut-out in the hood to provide clearance for the supercharger and then had a fiberglass fake "hood scoop" overlay mounted over the hole. The hood pictured would be correct for a '57 SILVER Hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                The '57 GOLDEN Hawk had a cut-out in the hood to provide clearance for the supercharger and then had a fiberglass fake "hood scoop" overlay mounted over the hole. The hood pictured would be correct for a '57 SILVER Hawk.
                Thx this just gets better and better... jim

Comment

If I had that 57 Hawk I would get the motor running good and stopping. And drive it just like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                    Actually the ad states: "Un-restored but motor/4-speed good."
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Please clarify. Is engine "good" or "gone"?

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                        I edited that ad to reflect the 58L/T-86

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                          Please clarify. Is engine "good" or "gone"?
                          I need to put the distributor/starter back in, but the motor sounds great and runs well. I had been starting it up and running it, bout once a year, for the first 20 of the 27 years I've had the car.

Comment

Since it doesn't have the supercharger setup, has a different 289 with a weak transmission, wrong hood, etc, consensus here at our house...probably a $2000-$2500 car, on a good day....

....provided you could find somebody to take on such a project. With the price of parts and labor, and it missing the supercharger setup, the correct engine and trans, and correct hood, it's going to be a tough sell.

Sorry, probably not what you want to hear. Also, the T-86 trans is not a "four speed" in the scene of a later factory 4speed hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                              My point wasn't that it didn't have an engine/transmission, but rather that it did not have a Golden Hawk engine/transmission.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X