GT Hawk floors to rival Dick's pristine '63

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk floors to rival Dick's pristine '63

As some of you know, I bought the '62 POR Hawk from JP to obtain the new interior for my other '62 I found in Bakersfield, Ca. five years ago. While the Bakersfield car is solid, the sun had taken its toll on the interior and the carpet was worn out.

I ordered a new carpet set from JP and it arrived yesterday so I tore into the car today. After pulling the seats, old carpets, a layer of fiberglass insulation and the original padding, I got to the floors. As you can tell, I am extremely pleased with what I found. Below are pictures of showing the condition:

Everything is back in and I took it for a short drive tonight. Here is a link to some other pictures.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Don't you just love dry climate cars. (except for the soft trim)

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Don't you just love dry climate cars. (except for the soft trim)

JDP/Maryland
      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
      64 GT R2
      63 GT R2
      63 Lark 2 door
      58 Starlight
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

"GT Hawk floors to rival Dick's pristine '63"

Gary...you may know your decimals, but you can't spell worth a hoot.

That's PISTINE! [^]

Congrats on finding the great floors. If I have my choice, I'll take a Stude any day with those kind of floors over one that runs good but is rusty. There is NO substitute for a rust free car. You can weld in new floors and patch panels, but it is never the same as a car that didn't get rusty in the first place.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

"GT Hawk floors to rival Dick's pristine '63"

Gary...you may know your decimals, but you can't spell worth a hoot.

That's PISTINE! [^]

Congrats on finding the great floors. If I have my choice, I'll take a Stude any day with those kind of floors over one that runs good but is rusty. There is NO substitute for a rust free car. You can weld in new floors and patch panels, but it is never the same as a car that didn't get rusty in the first place.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick,

Been doing some ciphering this morning and according to the abacus (and my fingers) there is a .0012638542% chance of finding another set of Hawk floors as nice as either of them.

I must admit that doing interior work on a truck is much easier than a car. [^]

Gary (Once again Decimal Dude and now with a spell check feature)

Comment

Dick,

Been doing some ciphering this morning and according to the abacus (and my fingers) there is a .0012638542% chance of finding another set of Hawk floors as nice as either of them.

I must admit that doing interior work on a truck is much easier than a car. [^]

Gary (Once again Decimal Dude and now with a spell check feature)

Comment

Working...
              X