Ahead of myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahead of myself

Well, in the immortal words of Kramer, "I'm out." I am not in as healthy a bank position as I remembered, yet one more reason to NOT love Christmas

I'm close, and I'm still ahead of track for what my wife and I originally planned last year when we sold our second car. Go for a year with one car and start looking in the spring for a Studebaker for a second car. She was out of work recuperating half of last year, and that's what prompted our going to a solo car.

I blame the wife though! I had reined in my ad browsing until SHE brought up on her own that maybe I should start looking 'in case' we found something. Honestly, I sort of agreed with her and I did NOT expect to stumble so soon across such a sweet deal as this Cruiser looks. Her fault.

I hate to possibly come across as the member who cries wolf over this car and that, but reality is such a potato in the tailpipe.

I still gained important information for when I do have a check in hand and know what I need to add on to a sale price for the one that won't get away. I have several threads subscribed because of the past couple of weeks. Thank you.

Well I guess LIFE does happen, most of us have been there.

We did go to bit of trouble to help, but I for one would do it again. No problem, thanks for coming here to the right place, see you later.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thank you Rich and all, I do realize folks did make the effort and I don't take any of it for granted.

Comment

Hang around and keep us company Leo, you'll get more knowledge and a car when that's possible. Have a great 2013.
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

One needs to do what one needs to do at the time it happens, hang in there and be part of us in the future to come.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Even if you never buy a Studebaker you'll always be welcome here. We like people who just happen to like Studes.

I was a member of the SDC for years before I eventually bought one.
            Dave Nevin
            Corvallis, OR
            1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
            Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

I've found that, whenever i start on a new hobby or a new quest, something always comes up fairly quickly that is a really good deal. If I pass on that, it takes a lot longer, but eventually I can find an even better deal. The trick is knowing enough to tell a good deal from a great deal from a bad deal.

You are going about it the right way by educating yourself and asking questions first. that's a rare, but excellent quality. Something will come up that will make things righat again.

OTOH, every New Year I tell myself that THIS year is going to be better than last year. It just has to. But then, every New Year I tell myself...
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Leo, one thing I have always told my young grandson is if is meant to be it will be and if not then it was also for a reason. things happen for a reason. hang there ...Bob
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Thank you all. That's just the mindset I strive for and the reason why I can just move along If it's meant to be, it'll happen.

I didn't delete the guy's email and phone number either. Just to test that philosophy.

Comment

I didn't have a car when I joined the club, a couple of members decided my now Lark would be a good car for me and I love it.
                    John Clements
                    Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                    X