Long time SDC member Bill Tilghman passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time SDC member Bill Tilghman passes

I learned today from his daughter that Bill Tilghman, Nassawadox, VA passed away on December 24th. Bill was a long time SDC member and had restored many beautiful Studebakers. He was a great guy and a good friend of Asa's.

Sorry to hear that! Our prayes go out to his family & friends.

Jim & Jody
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Sharon,

I am sorry to hear of Bill's passing, as mentioned he beautifully restored many vehicles over his life. I purchased his '57 E-40 about a dozen years ago and also brought home the leftovers from the M-16 he restored. Bill was also a pioneer in the trucking field and when I last visited with him still had all his records. I have his collection of AACA magazines that dates back to 1960.

It was always a pleasure to visit with him and on one of my last visits stopped in with my family on our way back from Chincoteague Island. May he rest in peace.

Gary

Comment

Working...
      X