body manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• body manual

Anyone know of a site where you can down load pages of the studebaker body manual. I've looked and can't seem to find one. Really thinking of starting my own hawk web site and put as much stuff as I can find on it that you would be able to down load or look at for free.

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
    anyone know of a site where you can down load pages of the studebaker body manual. I've looked and can't seem to find one. really thinking of starting my own hawk web site and put as much stuff as i can find on it that you would be able to down load or look at for free.
    Go for it!!!

Comment

A good? idea,but buying manuals from our vendors will help keep them in business-thus,they will be there for us when we go to buy the parts that we look up in those manuals...
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

What are you looking for ?
        Klif
        55 Speedster/Street Machine
        63 Avanti R2
        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Right now I was looking for information on removing the rear side glass and adjustments. I think I can fiqure it out but would like to see factory procedure.

Comment

I have it. give me a call. 320-259-0340
            Klif
            55 Speedster/Street Machine
            63 Avanti R2
            64 Convertible R1

Comment

Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
              A good? idea,but buying manuals from our vendors will help keep them in business-thus,they will be there for us when we go to buy the parts that we look up in those manuals...
              The Stude manuals are available on cd & they are cheap compared to the printed ones. Nice too is you print out what you need, get it all greasy & throw it out when your done. Need an alignment-just print it out for whoever does it for you. Easy-breeezy.
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Warren I like your way of thinking. I order a cd rom set today.

Comment

I did the CD set, printed everything that had to do with GT HAWKS. . .set it aside, and make copies as needed from them. . .what I am looking for is COLOR sets for making sure that the colors are right on body parts. . .hinges, door hardware, misc things like what color is the rod that holds up the hood. . .black or silver or the color of what. .
                  REPUTATION CHANGES--CHARACTER GROWS--INTEGRITY LEADS

THINK right--TALK right--WALK right--Its that SIMPLE!

Ernest E. Brown http://twitter.com/umpireeebrown
                  The church at the Christian Center, Arab, Alabama
                  www.thechristiancenter.us
                  https://www.facebook.com/Sistah-Luci...3554643351002/

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
                    The Stude manuals are available on cd & they are cheap compared to the printed ones. Nice too is you print out what you need, get it all greasy & throw it out when your done. Need an alignment-just print it out for whoever does it for you. Easy-breeezy.
                    Who sells these?
                    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by johnod View Post
                      Who sells these?
                      Thanks.
                      We have them at Studebaker International. A single CD contains all of the books for the vehicle. They are $19.95ea (*except the '59-'64 Lark and Hawk CD which is $24.95. There is also a '56 owners registry manual/authenticity guide/etc. CD which is $11.00)
                      They are on pages 24 and 25 of the current catalog. The manuals on CD contain the same information that the books do. You can also print off pages as you need them, which is nice so the pages of a book don't get tore up out in the shop.
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Originally posted by erniebrown View Post
                        . .what I am looking for is COLOR sets for making sure that the colors are right on body parts. . .hinges, door hardware, misc things like what color is the rod that holds up the hood. . .
                        Ernie,
                        You're not going to find that info in any factory manual. You can ask here on this forum or wait for the judge at the show to tell you it's wrong.
                        Brad Johnson,
                        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                          We have them at Studebaker International. A single CD contains all of the books for the vehicle. They are $19.95ea (*except the '59-'64 Lark and Hawk CD which is $24.95. There is also a '56 owners registry manual/authenticity guide/etc. CD which is $11.00)
                          They are on pages 24 and 25 of the current catalog. The manuals on CD contain the same information that the books do. You can also print off pages as you need them, which is nice so the pages of a book don't get tore up out in the shop.
                          Great, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                            Ernie,
                            You're not going to find that info in any factory manual. You can ask here on this forum or wait for the judge at the show to tell you it's wrong.
                            Well I was so nervous when they judged my car. . funny. . I didn't ask things. . and when I did. . I got the impression I was asking to many questions. . What a day it was so much fun. . and I have taken care of some things already. . other stuff may take a while. .
                            Last edited by erniebrown; 01-02-2013, 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling
                            REPUTATION CHANGES--CHARACTER GROWS--INTEGRITY LEADS

THINK right--TALK right--WALK right--Its that SIMPLE!

Ernest E. Brown http://twitter.com/umpireeebrown
                            The church at the Christian Center, Arab, Alabama
                            www.thechristiancenter.us
                            https://www.facebook.com/Sistah-Luci...3554643351002/

Comment

Generally speaking, if your car is being judged, you don't ask questions, only answer them; learn from the results.
                              Brad Johnson,
                              SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                              '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                              X