X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diecast Christine ??

Just got this, and of course I'll help.

"Hello,

What a beautiful car that 58 Starlight is you're offering. It has to be once of the best Surviving Studebakers in existence.

While I'm not in a position to purchase it, I would like to ask if you wouldn't mind providing me with a few more very specific photos althought I saved everyone you posted.

You see, I'm a designer in the diecast model industry and landed in this position becasue of my knowledge of vintage automobiles. Studebakers are my favorite. I have amassed an extensive collection of old Studebaker dealership literature which is invaluable when planning to produce a model.

As I'm sure you're famiiar, these old brochures featured all the dimensions so critical to properly creating a scale model. If you would provide me the following photos if/when we make this model I'll be sure to provide one to you gratitis.

1. Left & right views taken kneeling so the camera is about even with the beltline. Standing with the lenses pointed slightly downward throws the proportion off ever so slightly.

2. Straight on front and rear views.

3. Close up of a hubcap, trunk and other emblems, door handles and similiar objects. From your already excellent photos and obvious knowledge of vehicles I'm confident you can identify these details.

If your are able to find the time to do this it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your consideration and I hope this very special car finds and exceptionally good home.

Dennis Deal
    Product Development Manager
    Diecast Direct, Inc."

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    64 GT R2
    63 GT R2
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Neat![8D] I wonder if he has a website[?] I wonder if he likes doing trucks?

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    </h5>

Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Neat![8D] I wonder if he has a website[?] I wonder if he likes doing trucks?

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar
      </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Even though the die cast people we had at the store here was Signature, I gotta throw this in, lol:

(In a voice that resembled "The Voice") From the people that gave you the ,the Coupe Express, the 63 Avanti, and the 53 Starlight, coming to a Menards(insert local store name here) near you next Christmas, the 58 Starlight .

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
        [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
        [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
        [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
        [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
        1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
        1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
        1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Even though the die cast people we had at the store here was Signature, I gotta throw this in, lol:

(In a voice that resembled "The Voice") From the people that gave you the ,the Coupe Express, the 63 Avanti, and the 53 Starlight, coming to a Menards(insert local store name here) near you next Christmas, the 58 Starlight .

1950 Studebaker 2R5 with 170 turbocharged
          [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00003.jpg?t=1171152673[/img=left]
          [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00009.jpg?t=1171153019[/img=right]
          [img=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00002.jpg?t=1171153180[/img=left]
          [img=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/DSC00005.jpg?t=1171153370[/img=right]
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

Neat![8D] I wonder if he has a website[?]
            Here it is.....

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mark57

Neat![8D] I wonder if he has a website[?]
              Here it is.....

Comment

I saw a few Studebaker's, at least a 53 Starliner.

JDP/Maryland
                64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                64 GT R2
                63 GT R2
                63 Lark 2 door
                58 Starlight
                52 & 53 Starliner
                51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

I saw a few Studebaker's, at least a 53 Starliner.

JDP/Maryland
                  64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                  64 GT R2
                  63 GT R2
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  58 Starlight
                  52 & 53 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Hey guys,

I suggest we take Dennis' photo instructions and get shots of any Stude vehicles that are not already available in die-cast (but we think should be) and provide him with those photos, and any literature that shows scale drawings of our vehicles.

I agree with Mark57 - I've always wanted to see scale models available of the C-cab trucks.

Let me correct myself: I just now went to his website and searched for "Stude", and turned up quite a few models, including some big cab & chassis C-cabs:

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon
                    Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                    The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Hey guys,

I suggest we take Dennis' photo instructions and get shots of any Stude vehicles that are not already available in die-cast (but we think should be) and provide him with those photos, and any literature that shows scale drawings of our vehicles.

I agree with Mark57 - I've always wanted to see scale models available of the C-cab trucks.

Let me correct myself: I just now went to his website and searched for "Stude", and turned up quite a few models, including some big cab & chassis C-cabs:

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                      The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Please don't send him pictures unsolicited. I will offer to seek out any other Studebakers he might be interested in, and we can help if he asks. Also, he has a few dozen other pictures of Christine from ebay and I'm just filling in a few he'd like. If we flood him with pictures of our favorite Studebaker before he asks, he may get buried. I'm sure he sees cars that strike his fancy, then he asks. The last think I need is to wear out our welcome with pictures of a dozen cars that he may not have a market for, even if we love them personally.

JDP/Maryland
                        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                        64 GT R2
                        63 GT R2
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        58 Starlight
                        52 & 53 Starliner
                        51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Please don't send him pictures unsolicited. I will offer to seek out any other Studebakers he might be interested in, and we can help if he asks. Also, he has a few dozen other pictures of Christine from ebay and I'm just filling in a few he'd like. If we flood him with pictures of our favorite Studebaker before he asks, he may get buried. I'm sure he sees cars that strike his fancy, then he asks. The last think I need is to wear out our welcome with pictures of a dozen cars that he may not have a market for, even if we love them personally.

JDP/Maryland
                          64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                          64 GT R2
                          63 GT R2
                          63 Lark 2 door
                          58 Starlight
                          52 & 53 Starliner
                          51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                          X