Looking for nice 1937 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for nice 1937 President

If anyone has or knows of a nice 1937 President for sale, any body style, I'd like to hear about it.

Our Indy Chapter SDC former Treasurer Danny Taylor introduced new members at yesterday's (Saturday, December 29) Chapter Christmas Party; an older couple with whom he has worked for some time.

I had the opportunity to speak with the gentleman later, and he reiterated that they were trying to locate a 1937 President for purchase, and it must be a '37 for sentimental reasons. (Discretion being the better part of valor, I did not press for details.) Danny joked earlier that "price is no object" is a little over the top, but the folks do have the wherewithal to spend what they'd like, to have a nice car.

Any leads would be appreciated. (Neither Danny nor I have any financial interest in this project, but would like to assist if possible.) Thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Gee Bob, when I first saw the title to this thread, I thought..."Wouldn't we all!"

However, after reading further, I at least know we now have some new members who know "class" when they see it. Regardless of the details of "why"...I hope they find their dream car. Additionally, I hope the reality of owning one lives up to the expectations of their dream.

Too often, I have seen folks disappointed because they had unrealistic expectations of the performance of a vintage vehicle. Hopefully, this will not be the case.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Thanks, John. From this fellow's age and having talked with him, I think he's got a firm grip on reality. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I see the date on this post and was wondering if this gentleman had found his 1937 President yet? I am thinking of selling mine but it's been 12yrs from the original post. Let me know!
        Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda View Post
          I see the date on this post and was wondering if this gentleman had found his 1937 President yet? I am thinking of selling mine but it's been 12yrs from the original post. Let me know!
          Amanda
          Amanda, this gentleman passed away recently.
          Paul
          Winston-Salem, NC
          Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
          Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

• StudeRich
            StudeRich commented
            Editing a comment
            SO, it looks like this "Danny Taylor" that Bob Palma knew, does or did know who this "New Member" of the Indy Chapter is, and those two Gentlemen May be alive !

• Amanda
            Amanda commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm very sorry to hear that.

• Amanda
            Amanda commented
            Editing a comment
            StudeRich- Any idea if the guy from the Indy Chapter is still looking for a President?

Dammit, I still miss Bob terribly
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Amanda,

Does that mean that your car is for sale? We are neighbors, sort of anyway. Although we never have gotten together, but I know your car. You just seemed to disappear how have you been?

Comment

• Amanda
              Amanda commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Bill! So much life has happened in such a short time 🫨 Yes, I think it might be time to sell it but I'm having issues finding current values. I just posted that same question on FB under the Studebakers For Sale page.
          Working...
          X