1965 Commander available in Seattle, $999 obo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 Commander available in Seattle, $999 obo

A running 1965 Commander is available (Dec. 28 2012) in Seattle on Craig's List for $999 obo. The owner is stating the transmission is shot.

Mark L.
    Last edited by Mark L; 12-28-2012, 09:37 PM.
    Mark L

That'd be Sean's car. He's known here as "cultural infidel".
    There are many threads about it floating around on this Forum.
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Too bad about the tranny failure. I've got TWO of those late automatics here and a neighbor who can rebuild them.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

boom.... that is mine! Trans went out on my drive home one day. Priorities have shifted, hence it being on the block. Considering any offer on the old gal.
        1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

I was just offered 10 ashtrays and a New Beer Mug Set in trade for my car.

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
            boom.... that is mine! Trans went out on my drive home one day. Priorities have shifted, hence it being on the block. Considering any offer on the old gal.
            The overdrive transmission you mention in your ad, how difficult are they to find, and how much do they cost? would it be difficult to install in this car? I imagine the drive shaft would have to be modified?

I shouldn't be asking these questions as I need another studee like I need a hole in the head.

Would you take a McLaughlin Surrey in trade?
            Likely a better deal than the beer mugs. LOL, I'd bet you'd get more use out of the mugs though.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post
              The overdrive transmission you mention in your ad, how difficult are they to find, and how much do they cost? would it be difficult to install in this car? I imagine the drive shaft would have to be modified?

I shouldn't be asking these questions as I need another studee like I need a hole in the head.

Likely a better deal than the beer mugs. LOL, I'd bet you'd get more use out of the mugs though.
              Being a Chevy you could install either a 700R4 or a 4l60e which are in every scrap yard, and modifications to the driveshaft are probably dependent on whether the old trans is a long or short tail.
              Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
              Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
              Lizella, GA

Comment

Studeclunker
                Last edited by wittsend; 01-12-2013, 02:21 PM.
                '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

He posted it before I could. I wanted to go with the 200r4 simply because it is a smaller trans than the 700

New link.

Comment

Originally posted by studeclunker View Post

What is a McLaughlin Surrey?

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                      What is a McLaughlin Surrey?
                      after searching the google.... is this a horse?

Comment

A surrey is a carriage...This one appers to be manufactured by McLaughlin...

Comment

Working...
                        X