Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offenhauser 259/289 4 barrel Aluminum intake

If I only had the money...

I believe one of the forum members is selling that. Nice eye candy, but not any real performance gain. I would mind having it, but I'm not in the hunt.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Same here..... People have said, from a performance aspect, these manifolds arent't that great. From strictly a "bling" aspect I dont think that they can be beat.
      1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Its mine, yes it is very nice piece of eye candy. I have had it on my 1959 Lark for around 20 years, but now I am going for more power less bling.

Comment

Yeah this manifold would look pretty out of place on my beat up primer black Hawk. I was hoping for a performance boost, but guess I should look else where.

Comment

I ran one of the Offys on my built 259 for decades. The engine, I've described before, but it was the one with the 1/8 inch cut off the heads, stainless valves of 1.88 and 1.5, R2 cam and fully gasket matched and ported in the heads, intake and exhaust manifolds. It ran extremely well. As far as the intake specifically, I hogged out the intake holes to match the AFB carb and spacer and ported all the runners to match the porting on the heads. It all went together great. I was very happy with it.
            While I never did run the quarter for a time slip, I could easily leave my brother's cop car in the dust. He was a bit shocked.
            sals54

Comment

Working...
            X