. Studebaker Cabbage .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . Studebaker Cabbage .

Why were the people of Egypt picking on this innocent Studebaker during one of there protesting moments ?

Maybe because it had a SBC under the hood?
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Perhaps they treat parking violators very harshly in Egypt.

Comment

52Hawk - thanks for the laugh! If I'd have had a mouthful of liquid, I'd be mad at you!
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Gimme that car and let me have half an hour with the buffer and some Lark Shine..... it'll be good as new.
          sals54

Comment

Because it was the epitome of Western decadence! All that wretched excess! The Luxury! The Power! <GGG>

Comment

Originally posted by 52hawk View Post
              Maybe because it had a SBC under the hood?
              That was VERY good.......
              1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Then there is the possibility it was painted Lemon/Lime. That might have set someone off!

Comment

The caption for that photo:

A mob surrounds flaming auto belonging to the U.S. Embassy in Cairo, Egypt on February 15, 1961, after setting it on fire during protest of death of Patrice Lumumba in the Congo. Lumumba was a Congolese independence leader and the first legally elected Prime Minister of the Republic of the Congo. After a power struggle and a military coup, Lumumba was killed by firing squad -- an act many believe was committed with the assistance of the government of the United States and for which the Belgian government officially apologized in 2002.(AP Photo) #

The Atlantic, The Atlantic Magazine, TheAtlantic.com, Atlantic, news, opinion, breaking news, analysis, commentary, business, politics, culture, international, science, technology, national and life
                  sigpic

Comment

I'll bet that those front fenders were rust free! A former co-worker from NYC remembers seeing a Golden Hawk roped off in a city showroom that was headed for Egypt for King Farouk. It supposedly had some goldplated trim, but I wonder if he was confused by the regular GH trim.
                    Bish
                    sigpic"Somewhere West of Newport Center"
                    1956 2E12 O/D SOLD!
                    1959 4E2 4spd, TT
                    1963 8E28 GSA order
                    1963 8E5 SOLD!
                    1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire 289,O/D, TT

Comment

Could be a case of being unhappy with the "President or Commander " the grill should be saved good ones for 1955 hard to find hope some one put it away for future use

Comment

Working...
                      X