Rocker panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body / Glass: Rocker panel

I looked at a 63 6 cyl two door sedan today. The rocker panels were open at the back and not boxed in like my 66 4 door. Is this the way it should be or is it a incorrect replacement?

Ken

Sounds like "not correct". It probably means that the floors and L-piece were rusted away. Did you pick up the carpet?
    Gary Ash
    Dartmouth, Mass.

'32 Indy car replica (in progress)
    ’41 Commander Land Cruiser
    '48 M5
    '65 Wagonaire Commander
    '63 Wagonaire Standard
    web site at http://www.studegarage.com

Comment

My 63 Lark 4 door is all original with 61,000 miles on it and it too has NON boxed/OPEN rocker panels! I have never seen this before, but this car has never been taken apart.

Gene

Comment

I couldn't look at the floors too much from above without damaging the carpeting. It felt solid from above and I couldn't get under it but things felt correct underneath. I could feel any patches or any remnants of a box for the rocker panel. Overall the car was reasonably rust free. I was just not sure if it was repaired to that level with a short cut with on the rocker boxes or stock that way. The rockers fit well but just didn't seem to add much strenght to the car that way, but may be stock in that model.

Ken

Comment

Working...
        X