1939 Champion 2 dr Sedan ... nice original driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1939 Champion 2 dr Sedan ... nice original driver

This '39 Stude just hit ebay tonight ... it was owned by Ed Hagerty of Deal Auto Wrecking in Richmond CA .. he lost his 2 year battle with the big C yesterday ..
    his buddy Lee is selling it for the family ..

Eddie was known as the "Deal Father" .. a few years back he was asking 19k for it
    (even Mr Quinn was interested until heard the asking price)

Ed was a good friend of mine who had a ton of cars and his family will be liquidating them in the coming months ...

It's so nice .. and it has a low reserve ... way below 19
    I won't say the reserve here .. Just give Lee a call and he may end the auction early if you make him an offer ... I hate to see someone get it and make a "flipper" out of it
    I am scaling down my collection otherwise I would buy it in a heartbeat ..

cars of this quality don't come up all that often and it will sell on ebay, that I am sure of ..
    if you want a nice driver to enjoy right out of the box this car is for you

here's Lees descrip from the ebay listing ... (Just tell him John said for you to call .... )
    Lee has personally driven the car from Santa Rosa Ca to Turlock and back again .. it purrs along at 55 mph in overdrive

Eddy also had a black '39 coupe "Hot Rod" that will also be for sale in the coming months plus a low mile MINT '50 Olds 88 coupe ... he was the ultimate car wheeler dealer ..

I can store the car at my place if a forum member needs help and I am sure Lee will store it for a while also .... Merry Christmas to the lucky buyer
    --------------------

This very clean Studebaker was born and raised in Southern Calif. No rust or rot. Repainted years ago,and shows some wear. Chrome is dull on the bumpers, and some of the trim but body is very straight, doors and trunk and hood all fit right and all the glass is in very good condition. Has origional woodgrained dash.

The engine runs excellent - no oil burner and very quiet. Carb has been rebuild and the water pump replaced. The 3 speed overdrive trans is smooth and quiet. Front brakes were redone 6 months ago. This car is a driver.
    Call for further information - 707-372-2841
    Attached Files
    John
    Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Very sorry to hear of Ed's passing. We had quite a few Studebaker dealings and conversations. A neat guy. Do you have any photos of his street rod?
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I think I do somewhere .. I will search for it ... it was black , running a Chevy .. sounded really cool
      Call Lee he will give you the low down on the 39 hot rod too ... Eddy stole it cheap but I am sure it will bring tall dollars .. it has a mint black paint job and super straight body and chrome ..I loved that car too

Eddy had so many outstanding cars ... vintage circle track cars ... Bonneville Streamliner... Salisbury Scooter.. Hemi Cuda .. lots of 32 Fords...plus a huge inventory of parts - speed equipment unreal collection ...

they are planning a party instead of a wake per his request ...

The last time I saw him .. Eddy told me he had a wonderfull life and had no regrets

At his bed side hours before he passed was Gary Meadors of the Goodguys...

He was always the jokester with a wad of 100 bills .... asking me for an allowance.

you either loved the guy or hated him.. maybe because he has more toys then you have
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Starlite51; 12-22-2012, 09:26 AM.
      John
      Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

Comment

I noted a small but significant dent in the front of the hood in 2008 at Turlock.

[IMG][/IMG]

Sorry to hear of his death. Will his family be vending his remaining parts at Turlock next month?

Last edited by kurtruk; 12-21-2012, 09:11 PM. Reason: Added eBay link
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Yep ... no extra charge for the dent the hood.. i.e. patina and conversation starter ....

His sons will be at the Jan 25/26 , 2013 Turlock Swap Meet in the same spaces out on the grass where you took that pic back in 2008 ..

not sure how much of his remaining parts inventory will be in those spaces .. they will be most likely running ads in our paper... Eddie hated the internet ... he was an "very" old school guy all the way ..always had a slew of ads in there each month
          John
          Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

Comment

Working...
          X