Alternate use for Studebaker parts. {ideas please}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate use for Studebaker parts. {ideas please}

Just cause I've got nothing better to do at this early hour I have decided to tell of a Studebaker car part that I have been using as of late for something I seemed to have misplaced. I am using a 56 Hawk tail light lens to scoop the coffee grinds from my Maxwell House container. In my man cave,that is. My wife wouldn't allow this type of behavior in the house. Any other uses abounding out there for your spare parts folks? Please add to the list. Other make parts are welcome also. cheers jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

I just love that jimmijim, made my day. Merry Christmas.

Comment

A friend of mine in the club has a bathroom in his shop. The exhaust fan has a 50 bullet nose cover. I have an extra 53 dash gauge pod that I would like to put a clock, home temp gauge, humidity, I pod dock, ect and put it on a desk.
      My 1st car. "A TRANSTAR"

Starliner
      sigpic
      Somewhere between Culture and Agriculture
      in the Geographic center of Tennessee

Comment

I use old dog dish hubcaps, in the yard, as ash trays.
        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

There's always valve cover racing!
          Manuel J. Martinez
          Baton Rouge, LA

Comment

Those dog dishes are perfect for changing the oil in the lawn mower.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

The big "fancy" hubcaps make real good frisbees! ...take care so them dogs don't hurt their teeth on them thou...
              The smaller ones are way to pretty to destroy for a reason like that.

Comment

Two of my favorite things, Studebakers and coffee. I'll bet the tail light cover has never smelled better!
                sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

A '63-'66 horn ring makes a great towel rack for behind the bar.

Craig

Comment

Dog dish bird baths in the herb bed. A '63 Cruiser rolling chassis for a workbench. A 2R front axle W/ brake drums and wheels as underpinnings of my Cacklack Coop deVille chicken tractor - also using a Lark door hinge and front crankshaft flange welded together to make a tow hitch. Then there's the 49 Commander lighter knob that's been serving as lid handle for my 12" frying pan for at least a decade now. It's turned white (from black) due to the heat and repeated runs in the dishwasher.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1676365 Thr 63-yesr old knob that still serves.
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

OK that does it, Roscomacaw (Bob) (Biggs) (Biggsy) is the clear WINNER!
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bob,can one assume you can't make a breakfast fit for a "CHAMPION" in that fry pan.
                          Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                          Dog dish bird baths in the herb bed. A '63 Cruiser rolling chassis for a workbench. A 2R front axle W/ brake drums and wheels as underpinnings of my Cacklack Coop deVille chicken tractor - also using a Lark door hinge and front crankshaft flange welded together to make a tow hitch. Then there's the 49 Commander lighter knob that's been serving as lid handle for my 12" frying pan for at least a decade now. It's turned white (from black) due to the heat and repeated runs in the dishwasher.
                          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Bob don't I remember once you and I having soup out of a dog dish cap once? or was that Steinkamp? or someone else, also have used cleaned stainless full wheel covers for crackers and dip at a Studebaker Xmas party once.
                            Candbstudebakers
                            Castro Valley,
                            California

Comment

Not sure if it counts since it's still Stude related, but a '31 President 'El Diablo' radiator mascot makes a nice South Bend watch holder.

Comment

Working...
                              X