Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Recommend a Stude Restoration Shop Near Norfolk, VA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Recommend a Stude Restoration Shop Near Norfolk, VA?

Good day, all. I've completed the mechanicals (less the wiring harness, which is just old) and am ready to turn the '51 Champion 4-door over to a shop experienced with Studes to do the body and interior (and wiring harness replacement).
    Can anyone recommend a shop somewhere "near" the Norfolk, VA area, or a reasonable distance that I could ship to?
    I've heard there's someone in TN or OH, but the guy couldn't recall details.

Regards,
    Clarence

we have a fairly large shop here in Wilmington, NC that i was impressed with during a tour of the facilities. it's not "Stude-specific" though.

i would think you'll find something closer when all our VA, MD & WV folks chime in. if not, let me know for details...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Thanks, Corvanti. I have feelers out to ask Pepper Kipht here about who restored his '40 Stude coupe. Did
      a wonderful job as a resto-mod, very stock looking but comfortable. I'm also considering going with a 230 Chevy-Baker Six and later automatic to got with it. Add 4-wheel power disc brakes, A/C and convert part of it to 12V after re-wiring it.
      Last edited by cbonner757; 12-10-2012, 02:39 PM. Reason: updated text content

Comment

Westmoreland Studebaker in Blairsvillle, PA does some of the finest restorations in the country. Not cheap, though.

Vintage Restorations in Union Bridge, MD specializes in British cars, but is working on two Studes at this time. Excellent body work. 410-775-0500.
        Skip Lackie

Comment

I'll vouch for Westmoreland Studebaker's work. I had them paint my GT Hawk 10 years ago and their work was outstanding. The paint job was not cheap but it has held up extremely well over the years giving me alot of value for the money spent. I probably would not have considered using someone like Westmoreland years ago but most of the shops in my area stopped doing restoration work and are focusing only on collision repair.

Randy
          Randy Ridenour
          Frostburg,MD
          1964 GT Hawk
          sigpic

Comment

Westmoreland Studebaker is doing my 57GH.....Craig is AWESOME!....Give them a call

Comment

Witmers automotive--akron, pa.--717-859-1078

Comment

Originally posted by cbonner757 View Post
                Good day, all. I've completed the mechanicals (less the wiring harness, which is just old) and am ready to turn the '51 Champion 4-door over to a shop experienced with Studes to do the body and interior (and wiring harness replacement).
                Can anyone recommend a shop somewhere "near" the Norfolk, VA area, or a reasonable distance that I could ship to?
                I've heard there's someone in TN or OH, but the guy couldn't recall details.

Regards, Clarence
                There is a new car restoration business in Deltaville, Va 804 776 7290. He has done restorations for quite a while, and recently set up his own business. I've seen his work and it is quite good but have no idea of price. Also see your PM. I do Studebaker restoration but only for my collection. Ken Deltaville Va

Comment

Working...
                X