Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bullet nose model, where can I find one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet nose model, where can I find one?

Do any local type stores handle these. I assume they are 1:20 scale or there about. They're metal and pretty detailed. Are there any conv versions or only two door coupes. Where do I find one?

Danbury Mint made several different models. They made the 1950 convertible in 2 colors and the Starlight Coupe. They may be out of production now, but ebay usually has 1 or 2 available.

Just checked ebay. There is 1 grey 50 convertible and several Starlight Coupes ranging in price from $99 bid to over $300 Buy it Now.
    Last edited by thunderations; 12-10-2012, 10:51 AM.
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Nelson,
      Earlier this year our local Wal-Mart had a good selection of Johnny Lightning RG-2 Studebaker models. These are all metal and have very good detail with moving front suspension, opening hood and V-8 engine. The only body style I saw was the Commander Starlight Coupe and they were available in white, blue and black. I'm not sure of the scale but I believe they are 1:24 as they are 8 1/2 " long overall. I bought one and was very pleased with my purchase. For the price of around $20 they are well worth it.

Charlie Attaway
      Oxford, GA

Comment

Check The Studebaker National Museum's on-line store, Nels, and Studebaker International's catalog. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Check in with the Studebaker toy forum. There are a number of bulletnose models available in several scales. What color and body are your car? There might be a match available. Steve
          sigpic

Comment

I have seen a few models but they all had 2 bullets. Or were they Dagmars?
            Sorry,been reading too many Wiffer threads
            Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Ebay-Blue

Ebay-Red

Ebay-Brown

Ebay-Blue Danbury Mint

There are more on there, these are just a few.

Comment

I've got one like this but in Tan. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROAD-SIGNATU...-/200778662733

It's 1:18 scale and pretty detailed for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  Check [COLOR=#000080][B]Studebaker International's catalog. BP
                  We offer five different '50/'51 bullet nose models. A 1:43 '50 Champion SL coupe in three colors, that car's big brother in 1:18 scale, the Highway 61 '51 Champion (various colors), Highway 61 '51 Commander (same, various colors), and a 1950 Land Cruiser by Brooklin (only in Burgundy).
                  I always thought the 1:20 scale '50 Champion SL couple by Danbury Mint was an excellent model. For me, I could care less about the scale or the manufacturer; it's all about detail. The Danbury Mint cars are a little small, but the detail is top notch. Unfortunately we don't carry them in the catalog. For overall value I think the Highway 61 Champions and Commanders are by far the best. I like larger scale models, they have lots of detail, and they're priced reasonable. The Brooklin cars are neat, and I like them because they make "different" stuff, like a four door '50. But I'm way too much of a CASO to actually collect them, thus I only have one sitting on the shelf and it was one I had to have because it's a '40 Champion just like my real car...
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

I would like to have a 1:18 scale convertible. Any of those out there? I made a scale model in 1:18 scale of an old Airfloat travel trailer that I have and I wanted to have a 50 or 51 Stude, preferrably a conv, to put in front of it.

Comment

To my knowledge there are no 1:18 scale convertibles available.
                      One could be made from one of the models mentioned above.
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
                        I would like to have a 1:18 scale convertible. Any of those out there? I made a scale model in 1:18 scale of an old Airfloat travel trailer that I have and I wanted to have a 50 or 51 Stude, preferrably a conv, to put in front of it.

This would be interesting if you could find a 1/18 engine hoist, and.......

I like the cool beans of the trailer as well as the convertible.
                        sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

Working...
                        X