Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was a "Custom" trim level Wagonaire available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was a "Custom" trim level Wagonaire available?

There is a picture in another post (Regarding the imminent demise of a '65 Wagonaire and a '57 President) of what appears to be a '63 Wagonaire "Custom". It is in the picture of the President. Was it a Canada only model? It is red in color. I've never seen one before.

Canadian models were late 64 thru 66.
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

This one has the '62 Daytona style side trim.

Comment

Canadian assembled 63 Larks did not use the US 63 Daytona "flash". I had a Canadian 63 Wagonaire with the 62 US side trim.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by thunderations View Post
          Canadian models were late 64 thru 66.
          I meant only sold in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
            Canadian assembled 63 Larks did not use the US 63 Daytona "flash". I had a Canadian 63 Wagonaire with the 62 US side trim.

Terry
            Was it still called "Daytona'?

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
              Was it still called "Daytona'?
              Daytona name did not appear on Canadian assembled cars until 1964. Other than the L A R K letters on the front fenders, the only other identification on my 63 wagon was the Studebaker letters and Wagonaire script on the the tailgate.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by dictator27 View Post
                Daytona name did not appear on Canadian assembled cars until 1964.
                The Canadian-made 1963 hardtop and convertibles had the gold 'Daytona' script at the rear corners mounted on the brushed aluminum side trim; same as they did in the US.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by qsanford View Post
                  There is a picture in another post (Regarding the imminent demise of a '65 Wagonaire and a '57 President) of what appears to be a '63 Wagonaire "Custom". It is in the picture of the President. Was it a Canada only model? It is red in color. I've never seen one before.
                  No there were no South Bend '63 "Custom" Wagons or Wagonaires.
                  There were totally stripped "Standards", partially stripped "Regals" and full trim Daytonas.
                  In Canada, pretty much anything goes.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    In Canada, pretty much anything goes.
                    Rich, I almost suspect you're right. The Canadian brochure shows 'Wagonaire' as a model on its own, not unlike what was done in 1966. I posted a scan of the Canadian version of the 1963 folder here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...stom+wagonaire

Craig

Comment

I once owned a 64 Challenger Wagonaire with hardly any trim. But ,alas, it's gone now.
                      Neil Thornton

Comment

Working...
                      X