Passing of V-P4 17154

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing of V-P4 17154

After a long valiant fight with the rust bug, V-P4-17154 sucomed to it's illness. Before this 1965 Wagonaire departed this world, many many, of it's parts were donated.
    Rest in pieces
    I saved the body tags for anyone who collects these or are in need.
    Last edited by 57pack; 12-09-2012, 12:30 PM. Reason: Post script
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Here is another '65Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0718.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1676241 that soon will by put to rest along with a '63 and a '57 Presidant Classic!
    T-Cab

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0719.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	1676240

Comment

Seeing the pics, it's hard to believe these were once shiny, brand new vehicles...the apple of someone's eye! Boo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Lok at that nice lugage rack on the Wagon
        Tom
        sigpic

Comment

Yes, save that roof rack if possible! I'm still trying to get all of the parts to make a complete unit for my Wagonaire.
          Could really use a undented rear roof molding, I see two there!
          Last edited by 57pack; 12-10-2012, 03:55 PM.

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Is the red Wagonaire a factory "Custom" trim level? I don't think I've seen that side trim on a wagon before. It is in the second photo.

Comment

As far as I know, the side trim is factory. The trim and the rack will be saved before the cars get scrapped. If the white '65 was in the USA I am sure it could have been saved. Not much of a market in Manitoba and we are too far from any large population centres. When I moved to Manitoba in 1981 I was shocked at the number of restorable cars. There were also a number still on the road. Most have now gone to the crusher. The one that really upset me was a restorable '64 GT. The owner was to call me if he decided to sell it. Six months later it was crushed along with his other 150 Stude's.

T-cab

Comment

The Swedish government forced loads of folk to "clean up" their lands in the 70's & 80's & since then these sights are mighty rare in Sweden & I only feel "NOOO ! ! ! let them stay!" when I see those pix 'cause sooner than you think you'll regret that you scraped them & many Swedes today try to save what's left & let the nature take the easy long way of reclaiming...
                & some old closed-down scrap-yards are even made culture monuments!
                (But ofcourse, that's how crazy Swedes are, you on the other hand... & so on.)

Comment

Hello T-Cab, Yes, keep me in mind when you collect a rear roof trim piece!
                  Thanks, Bill

Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle

Comment

Working...
                  X