Possible bargain '64 sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible bargain '64 sedan

This '64 four-door is listed as a Daytona, but may be a Cruiser (looks like Cruiser door panels and side mouldings, has pull-down armrest in rear seat and kick panel pockets). There is no rear picture to see what trunk moulding it has. At any rate, it appears to be a low miles unmolested car that is very well optioned- power steering, power drum brakes, radio, clock, windshield washers, split reclining seats, gravel shields. I can't tell if the seats are reupholstered or just have seat covers. Probably wouldn't take much to make it a driver. Narrative doesn't mention the parts, but a fender, grille, headlight bezels and some small stuff are pictures and probably are included. No reserve auction- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...item3a7c700ba1
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

It has back door vent windows, I believe that makes it a Cruiser. Looks very nice.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Says Daytona on right front fender and cruiser on left side my guess is cruiser.
      Candbstudebakers
      Castro Valley,
      California

Comment

The left fender has a Cruiser script and the right fender has Daytona script, so it's a Daytona Cruiser.
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
          Says Daytona on right front fender and cruiser on left side my guess is cruiser.

Its definitely a Hamilton-built Cruiser. I can't see the body tag on this monitor, but if its a Y-9, it will be a Cruiser for sure.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
            This '64 four-door is listed as a Daytona, but may be a Cruiser (looks like Cruiser door panels and side mouldings, has pull-down armrest in rear seat and kick panel pockets). There is no rear picture to see what trunk moulding it has. At any rate, it appears to be a low miles unmolested car that is very well optioned- power steering, power drum brakes, radio, clock, windshield washers, split reclining seats, gravel shields. I can't tell if the seats are reupholstered or just have seat covers. Probably wouldn't take much to make it a driver. Narrative doesn't mention the parts, but a fender, grille, headlight bezels and some small stuff are pictures and probably are included. No reserve auction- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...item3a7c700ba1
            It doesn't have factory seats so it's been re-upholstered or re-covered.
            Stu Chapman

Comment

Seeing as it has so much of that Cruiser trim~ I'm goin' to say it's a Cruiser.
              I also note that the right front fender and right rear door don't match the rest of that side...
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

It looks like someone will steal this one, there is no reserve.
                This Canadian '64 Cruiser looks very good for the Climate it was garaged in. Also very well equipped. It is quite rare after Disc. Brakes came out in '63 to find a Power drum Brake car.

It's value will not be a lot because of the stuck Engine, but it should be a 289 and maybe fixable.

With a fold down armrest, opening rear vent windows, rocker panel Mouldings, stone guards, "C" pillar mouldings, Cruiser Door Panels, and a standard on Cruiser Clock I have no doubt it is a Cruiser without seeing the special Trunk Lid Moulding.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That's a Michigan car? It sure is clean for one..............
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

I live bout 20 miles from Monroe, Mi. and plan to go look Monday or Tuesday. I'll report my findings and try to find out what he'll sell for. It may have to come to my place.
                    Kim

Comment

Originally posted by kamzack View Post
                      I live bout 20 miles from Monroe, Mi. and plan to go look Monday or Tuesday. I'll report my findings and try to find out what he'll sell for. It may have to come to my place.
                      Kim
                      Hate to disappoint you on this Kim but I believe this would look best parked next to a certain 66 Daytona that came out of Michigan a couple years ago.
                      Tom
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm sure we'll look forward to the photos from whichever one of you buys it LOL.
                        John Clements
                        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

This might well be a great deal for someone, but remember that the right front fender has been replaced. Also note that the headlight bezel and grill do not seem to be fitting correctly on the right side. Possibly minor details for the "right" price. We do need more green Cruisers on the road......
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

It has factory split bench recliners, very factory, but not that common.

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                            It doesn't have factory seats so it's been re-upholstered or re-covered.
                            Stu Chapman
                            JDP Maryland

Comment

possible crash damage that might include frame.......???

Comment

Working...
                              X