Studebaker 'Racing Trivia' Question #325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker 'Racing Trivia' Question #325

How many corporate built R3 and R4 '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawks were built?

Zero? ????
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

To: Corvanti,----The answer isn't zero....Good try though!

Comment

The trick here is that Studebaker Corporation included Paxton Products Division at the time, so to ask how many were "corporate" built would include those assembled by Paxton Products Division of Studebaker Corporation from "regular" R-engined Hawks, but the work was done in California, not Indiana. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Stop with this nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by speycaster View Post
            Stop with this nonsense
            Understand, Ed; I'm not endorsing this stuff.
            In this case, I was just pointing out what I believe is the "trick," if you will. BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

To: BobPalma,---- (Don't let the 'herd' mentality get to You Bob) ANSWER: TWO '64 GT Hawks were built by Studebakers Paxton Products Division and were run at the Bonneville Salt flats. One was
              equipped with an R3 engine, the other an R4. I believe the R3 powered Hawk was sold off by Studebaker later on, and was used for a time in USAC stock car racing. The R4 version.....?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
                To: BobPalma,---- (Don't let the 'herd' mentality get to You Bob) ANSWER: TWO '64 GT Hawks were built by Studebakers Paxton Products Division and were run at the Bonneville Salt flats. One was
                equipped with an R3 engine, the other an R4. I believe the R3 powered Hawk was sold off by Studebaker later on, and was used for a time in USAC stock car racing. The R4 version.....?
                Discussed here, and I saw it run:

Comment

To: Bob Palma,-----Thanks Bob,..and by the way, I enjoyed Your last article in 'HEMMINGS CLASSIC CAR' magazine.

Comment

Working...
                  X