• Show
Clear All

• Palmas daliances in college

Click image for larger version

Name:	palmas girl friend.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1736914

Everyone knows that our esteemed technical editor is a graduate of Purdue University. I was recently able to validate a story he told me about a certain girl and a Studebaker that he dated there during his undergraduate years. Had to go way back to find it but it is now confirmed. Apparently he let both of them get away.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Is Bob really that old?
    1936 Dictator
    1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
    1953 Commander Regal HT
    1953 2R5 Pickup
    1947 M16 Truck
    1960 Lark VIII Convertible
    1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
    1962 Champ 7E5 no box
    1962 GT Hawk
    1963 Lark VI 4 dr
    1963 GT Hawk R2
    1964 Daytona Convertible
    1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

Apparently, and I believe he was just a freshman at the time.
      Richard Quinn

Comment

While the girl and car got away the battery was not lost as he had secured it with an approved battery tie down

Comment

I am curious how one "dates" a Studebaker. Just wondering.... Great story!
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Mr. Q., I'm surprised you let your daughter date someone such as B.P.

Comment

Does B.P. still have his raccoon coat and skimmer hat? Any raccoon tail left from fluttering in the breeze on the car?? I hear those were all the items to have at P.U.
              sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

This is a GOOD ONE, Richard!!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Even better comeback by Matt!!!

Comment

Truth be known, Dick, I let her go when I discovered she had been intentionally mispronouncing her last name and really wasn't an heir to the Marvel-Schebler Carburetor Company. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Least you could do is to look in your old year books and scan in a better head an shoulders photo of her.
                      Richard Quinn

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
                        Does B.P. still have his raccoon coat and skimmer hat? Any raccoon tail left from fluttering in the breeze on the car?? I hear those were all the items to have at P.U.
                        "Oh, P.U., my sweet P.U
                        Thy pleasant odour lingers..."

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks for the chuckles this AM
                          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                          1961 Hawk 4-speed
                          1967 Avanti
                          1961 Lark 2 door
                          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                            Least you could do is to look in your old year books and scan in a better head and shoulders photo of her.
                            How could I compete, Dick? The photo caption distinctly says, "her campus pal" is the Studebaker President Eight! BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hey Bob! I'm going to Lafayette in the next few days, Could you tell me how to get to where Purdue keeps their National Championship Banner? I've seen the Indiana University Banner, It's WONDERFUL! But, I'd like to compare it to the Purdue one!

Thanks

Jim
                              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                              their Memorials!

Comment

Working...
                              X