What should I save from 63 Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I save from 63 Cruiser

I'm parting a 63 Cruiser and so far I've removed the powertrain, driveshaft, rear, brakes, front reclining seats, front and rear glass, wiper motor and pwer steering from the tie rods back to the steering wheel which are the only parts I have plans for. I'm wondering if there is anything else I should save that would be worth the effort. Car's been sitting for decades and is rough and rusty, rear fenders are only usable body panels. Thanks

How is the instrument panel and pad. There has been a lot of interest on the forum lately about the Vanity. Always save the back up lamps, too.

Comment

Dash is pretty bad but vanity is there. What about suspension, door regulators,latches.

Comment

If your Cruiser has any decent sheet metal, hood, doors,
        trunk lid that could be used by someone.
        Also any good trim bits and lights would be good
        to save.
        Post here with a list or the Studebaker Swap site.
        Have fun and you may make somebody happy
        with good parts!
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Save the window regulators for sure if the gears are good. they can be used to fix other reg's.
          Neil Thornton

Comment

I'd be a buyer for the passenger side front regulator if it's in good shape.
            PM me
            Kim

Comment

Dash is out, heater is out, usable trim is off. Aren't 4dr rear fenders still available NOS? I'll go after the regulators. Anybody local to Winchester VA need any thing let me know, don't want to get involved with shipping. Hoping its at the scrapyard Monday

Comment

I don't see any mention of saving the Dana HD Model 44 Differential. That would be a keeper/seller for sure.

Maybe, that is what you mean by: "rear," ??
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Keep the master cylinder if it is dual-piston. Someday, somebody is going to again have rebuild kits for those and they'll be valuable. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Does it have a lower horn? If so, I would be interested. What color is the interior? - might be interested in the seat belts. Does it have the little plugs in the trunk floor?

OK, that's it off the top of my head!
                    Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
                    \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      I don't see any mention of saving the Dana HD Model 44 Differential. That would be a keeper/seller for sure.

Maybe, that is what you mean by: "rear," ??
                      Yes the rear is out- 3.31 open, its slotted for the 63 Fbody

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                        Keep the master cylinder if it is dual-piston. Someday, somebody is going to again have rebuild kits for those and they'll be valuable. BP
                        Grabbed it just in case

Comment

Working...
                        X