Window regulator help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window regulator help

After 13 months my 62 lark is back together, and has been on the road for a week now, but of course, there are a few bugs to work out and this one I cannot solve. The drivers side window regulator was cleaned and greased and works great. All of the window runs were replaced and the window goes up and down smoothly (better than new), but about every 6-7 times the window goes thru its full travel, the clip and washer fall off the track at the bottom of the glass. I have tried several clips and this keeps happening, the regulator arm is not hitting or binding, I even tried to squeeze a clip tighter, to no avail. Its worth noting that when the arm pops off the regulator winds itself all the way up. This car is my everyday driver and with the heat and rain western pa is experiencing, I am afraid to wind the window down. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Jon

more than likely the window is going down too far. should be a stop to stop this. if not you could drill hole in regulator arm and install screw for stop

HAYWARD/60 LARK
    PIKEVILLE,KY.
    US COAL CAPITAL

Comment

Working...
    X