Back home to Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back home to Indiana

My CE left this afternoon on it's way to Indiana.
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Thank goodness! We're trying to round them all up, you know.

Where is it going, Bob? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What ! No pics ? .......................................

Comment

It is going to Lafayette. I am east of minneapolis now trying to check into a motel without any id. Yikes! They decided I could get my mrs to scan it and email it here but she is having trouble getting the scanner to cooperate.

(I left home this morning with a big wad of hundred dollar bills but forgot my wallet).

Bob and i struggled mightily with lashing down everything. Trying to lash down loose fenders is a little like trying playing whack a mole, lash down one side and the other pops up. I have made it about thirty miles now and am pooped after starting from my house before 4 am. After I drove about 15 miles I checked my straps and found one end swinging in the breeze. Now it all seems to be lashed down. The CE is such a cool looking design, but this one is pretty disassembled and will be a daunting task to reassemble and make roadworthy.
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

'Way cool, Tom.

Have we met? You said you know Rick and Jesse Moon through the Cruiser deal, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time until we see you at an Indy Chapter SDC Meeting. Any chance of coming down for the December 29 Christmas Party at Murphy's Streak House? BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bob,
            You coulda sent my hood down this way. I coulda met him somewhere.

Claude
            Originally posted by bob40 View Post
            My CE left this afternoon on it's way to Indiana.
            1936 Dictator
            1950 Champion Regal 4 dr parts car
            1953 Commander Regal HT
            1953 2R5 Pickup
            1947 M16 Truck
            1960 Lark VIII Convertible
            1960 Champ 5E7 step side short box
            1962 Champ 7E5 no box
            1962 GT Hawk
            1963 Lark VI 4 dr
            1963 GT Hawk R2
            1964 Daytona Convertible
            1964 Commander Wagonaire

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln​

Comment

There really wasnt a lot of space for a hood.
              Attached Files
              Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by bob40 View Post
                There really wasnt a lot of space for a hood.
                That is a nice solid looking CE. Gonna make a nice project but we (I) need more pictures as this progresses.

Bob

Comment

Hi Bob! I'd love to but it is my birthday and I have a family Christmas celebration that day in South Bend. My oldest sister and her family lives there.

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                  'Way cool, Tom.

Have we met? You said you know Rick and Jesse Moon through the Cruiser deal, so I'm sure it's just a matter of time until we see you at an Indy Chapter SDC Meeting. Any chance of coming down for the December 29 Christmas Party at Murphy's Streak House? BP

Comment

After Bob and I got it all loaded I felt like Jed Clampette. I was fairly worried about keeping everything on the truck and trailer out on the road. Somewhere along the way I seem to have lost one of my back fenders. They were the special fiberglass ones that are 2" wider than stock so that is not good. ....not to mention what happened to it after it came out of my truck on the highway....hope nobody got hurt by it. I suppose it came out when that one strap came loose so it was somewhere between Minneapolis and Delano I estimate.

I stopped and tightened the straps about four times before they stopped working loose, then I gradually worked my way up to running about 67 mph with all the load.

i made it home last night about 8 pm.
                    Today or tomorrow I will take an inventory and see what I will be needing. The steel sides on the radiator are rotted away on the bottom so I will need an image of what they need to be before they can be found or fabricated.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3320.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	1676141Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3322.jpg
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1676142Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3325.jpg
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1676143Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_3327.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	1676144Pics. First one is from the hotel window yesterday morning. Last one is showing the space in the truck where the fiberglass fender was before it flew away. This is a huge project which I now hope I live long enough to complete.

I will be looking for some 16" rims, hubcaps and beauty rings for it for starters....and hood hinges.
                      Last edited by t walgamuth; 12-01-2012, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X