Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny how Studes find me. Now with PICS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny how Studes find me. Now with PICS!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	R1HawkRockerBoxRT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	1736820Click image for larger version

Name:	R1HawkInt1.jpg
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1736817Click image for larger version

Name:	R1HawkDash.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1736814Click image for larger version

Name:	R1HawkRTSusp.jpg
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	1736821Click image for larger version

Name:	R1HawkJTH38.jpg
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1736818Click image for larger version

Name:	R1HawkEBay.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	1736815Click image for larger version

Name:	R1HawkUnveiling.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1736822Click image for larger version

Name:	R1HawkRockerBoxLF.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1736819Click image for larger version

Name:	R1HawkFrontal.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	1736816Click image for larger version

Name:	R1HawkBadge.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1736813I was coming back from town today when my cellphone went off. "Bob, kin I come by and visit with ya? I wanna tell ya about a Stude you might wanna buy."
    As I drove on home, I was wondering what sorta 6 cylinder Lark or tired Champ truck I was gonna learn about. The last thing I need is another project Stude. So when I get home, my friend is waiting for me. He has to tell me the whole, long convoluted tale of how he's known this car since about 1980 or so, but could never talk the owner into parting with it - even tho the car was not running.

As I said - I was expecting a lead on some dowdy Lark 4-dr, so consider how my attitude changed when I hear it's a 90K '64 GT HAWK package car! It's not without problems - but none that aren't correctable. It's not run since '81 because the heads were redone and the owners son had a head bolt hole strip out as he was putting the heads back on - and it's set like this ever since. Bermuda Brown with a tan/brown interior and R1 Powershift.
    I'm going to take a look at it one day this week. Maybe I'll get it running and find a home for it. Anybody got a Hawk gas tank? Wouldn't ya know it - I JUST sold the last Hawk tank I had!
    Last edited by Roscomacaw; 12-01-2012, 01:21 PM.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

'Sounds like an adventure, Bob. We'll anticipate additional reports, and good luck with it. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Oh my!!! Good on you, Bob! Can't wait to hear and see more!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Good News! Happy for you!

Bad News! A new gas tank will cost at least double what you sold your last one for.

Comment

Bob, Ain't it the truth! Started working on my Packard wagon when a customer comes in and says " I have a Studebaker for sale in Long Island, it's got to go and it's cheap"
          Now I have a 65 Wagonaire!
          sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
          Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
          "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I will anxiously await photos!
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

To: Roscomacaw,------ '64 Gran Turismo Hawks......"Last of the real HE-MAN automobiles" (LA TIMES) .....or was that the '63 model????????????????

PS...... I have an NOS tank for that, but it MAY be already sold...I'll keep You posted on that.

Comment

I have one come and get it only a 3 hour drive one way.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Don't forget to list it with the GT Hawk Registry when you buy it if its not now listed (notice I said when you buy it) Good Luck!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SuperHawk.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	1676113

Here's a teaser pic. I'm going to look at it Friday. And of course - whether I buy it or not, I'll get the info on it for the roster. From what I know of it's history, I'm fairly certain this one's been in hiding for decades.
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]19013[/ATTACH]

Here's a teaser pic. I'm going to look at it Friday. And of course - whether I buy it or not, I'll get the info on it for the roster. From what I know of it's history, I'm fairly certain this one's been in hiding for decades.
                      C'mon Bob... you know you want it!
                      Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander

Comment

Not really. But hey - a Super Hawk. Somebody's gotta love it! Bob - how many R1 package Hawks were built in '64?

Comment

Well,if it's a PS auto the factory built 40.
                          Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
                          Not really. But hey - a Super Hawk. Somebody's gotta love it! Bob - how many R1 package Hawks were built in '64?
                          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

How would you fix the stripped out head bolt thread?

Comment

The stripped hole can probably be fixed with a Helicoil. Usually that will come out stronger than the original threads.
                              Pat Dilling
                              Olivehurst, CA
                              Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                              X