Studebaker Hawk info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Hawk info needed

Greetings. I am looking for information on A 1960 Hawk. I have the serial number and would like to know the original color, when it was built and who ordered it. I know that Museum sells production orders for cars. I don't mind getting these for cars that I own (I ordered one for my 1963 Avanti). But I would prefer not to spend $35 "just for looking" (i may not even buy the car) and especially when I am inquiring a little info on a car and not all the information that are on production and sales orders.

Does anyone have partial or complete databases of Studebaker Hawks outside of the Museum? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone have partial or complete databases of Studebaker Hawks outside of the Museum?

No. The only way to know the original color would be a small paper sticker on the bottom of the glove box,but they are almost always gone.You could look at various areas of the car which didn't get sprayed during a paint job-up under the rear package tray,coners of trunk,up under the dash maybe?Did you ask the current owner if he has the production order? The car being original color really is an important factor in price anyway.A lot of us prefer "custom" colors on our cars!
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

We are lucky to have the production order resource available to us. You can't get that kind of info for many other makes. $35 is a bargain if it saves you from making a multi thousand dollar mistake! Good luck with the car!

Comment

Working...
      X