We need a Studebaker Drivers Club Youtube channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a Studebaker Drivers Club Youtube channel

Why don't we have a Youtube channel? We could have great videos in one place for history, tech tips that use Studebakers addressing common restoration issues, interviews with persons like Ted Harbit, Stu Chapman, and lots of others.

We could also use it to get the word out about events and highlight past events, as well as use it as a marketing tool to show the club is active, growing and involved with engaging all kids of people.

It could also be used to create interest for the museum, local collections and collectors.

It doesn't have to start out big and expensive, but it could be a great tool.

OK, everyone can pile on the idea. I'm ready.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

I wasn't aware youtube had specific channels. Then again, I'm old enough to remember when television was a pipe dream.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      I wasn't aware youtube had specific channels. Then again, I'm old enough to remember when television was a pipe dream.
      I didn't know they had channels either. I may not be old enough to remember the experimental days of TV, but I'm still fascinated by how the vinyl record player sitting behind me works... (I refuse to join the modern era!!)

I am all for anything that promotes the SDC. How exactly does one go about creating such a thing, Scott?
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Here's how! http://money.howstuffworks.com/youtube4.htm
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I'm the admin for a YouTube channel for the local historical society and it's not really a hassle, if you have reasonably highspeed Internet. What they call a channel is the collection of the videos you have on your account, and people can subscribe to it, or just search for "SDC" or whatever it's named. The hard part depends on what video format your original video is in. It may have to be converted to one that YouTube accepts. In my case, I have to convert previously recorded DVDs before they can be uploaded and the conversion process makes the audio/video a little out of sync. Depending on the length of the video, it can take a while to upload. I have DSL and a 60 min video will take at least that long.

I expect more than one person can upload, if they have the password to the account, but don't know for sure. I'm the only one with admin access to ours, but that's because I'm Queen of the Universe.
          Sue

Comment

Well, Scott...
            You brought up the idea...
            Set it up and run with it!

(I am dumbfounded... I never knew there was more than one 'Queen Of The Universe'...)
            Jeff
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Good idea , and with a Stickie on the Forum page ?

Here's my channel .
              Share your videos with friends, family, and the world
              Bill H
              Daytona Beach
              SDC member since 1970
              Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Why don't we have a Youtube channel? We could have great videos in one place for history, tech tips that use Studebakers addressing common restoration issues, interviews with persons like Ted Harbit, Stu Chapman, and lots of others. We could also use it to get the word out about events and highlight past events, as well as use it as a marketing tool to show the club is active, growing and involved with engaging all kids of people. It could also be used to create interest for the museum, local collections and collectors. It doesn't have to start out big and expensive, but it could be a great tool. OK, everyone can pile on the idea. I'm ready.
                "sub-contract" you be the SDC "U-tube Webchannel master"!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Dresbach View Post
                  I didn't know they had channels either. I may not be old enough to remember the experimental days of TV, but I'm still fascinated by how the vinyl record player sitting behind me works... (I refuse to join the modern era!!)

I am all for anything that promotes the SDC. How exactly does one go about creating such a thing, Scott?
                  Hey Chris, Do you know how many GROOVES are on that vinyl record?
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
                    Hey Chris, Do you know how many GROOVES are on that vinyl record?
                    lol...now that's funny. reminds me of when my daughters discovered my LP's and one of them said 'hey Dad, look at these giant CD's!" Junior.
                    sigpic
                    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

It's a great idea. There's nothing keeping any individual from doing something like this, but if you want an "official" SDC channel, the board will have to sanction it and appoint someone to do it.

Scott, you should present the idea to your board member and see what happens! Or, perhaps this would be something for the Museum to do, since they are the keepers of al the Corporation's archival footage.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I like your channel... Good video's.
                        My channel is just dumb stuff...
                        Jeff

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

______________________________________________________________
                        Originally posted by shifter4 View Post
                        Good idea , and with a Stickie on the Forum page ?

Here's my channel .
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/shifter44DB?feature=mhee
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post

(I am dumbfounded... I never knew there was more than one 'Queen Of The Universe'...)
                          Jeff
                          Well, I grant you that the designation is open to debate....
                          Sue

Comment

I'm not trained to do this and intended it as an official part of SDC. It could be one of the most effective recruiting tools we have available.

I also had a thought that it could be used to train meet judges pretty efficiently in some areas. The applications are almost endless.

Comment

I miss my Dumont tv.

Comment

Working...
                              X