Was that a 1940 Stude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was that a 1940 Stude?

Saw a commercial this evening. Something about devotion or something like that with a country singer crooning in the background. The message was kind of lost on me 'cuz I got distracted by a glimpse of a black car at a wedding that looked an awful lot like an early 40's Studebaker. Anyone see it - something called values.com?
    Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

If you go to their site they have a lot of ads. I couldn't find the one you were talking about, but I sure like their ideals.

Comment

Hi,

I found it a little while ago after a Bing search. Click here.
      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
      Kenmore, Washington
      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
      '69 Pontiac Firebird
      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

thanks. YEPPER a Stude cheers jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Commercial.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1676027........................
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yes, definitely a '40 Champion. Looks to be a coupe. Note it has a spotlight (and fog lights). Has the wrong windshield wipers (6 point deduction). Not many black '40 Champion coupes out there. Not sure of ownership.
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Very cool and a nice use of the little Champion. (For those looking, the Champion appears about :33 and runs for several seconds.)
              Certainly someone knows whose car that is; it appears to be current footage. Anybody?

(Nice theme, too, BTW.) BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                Yes, definitely a '40 Champion. Looks to be a coupe. Note it has a spotlight (and fog lights). Has the wrong windshield wipers (6 point deduction). Not many black '40 Champion coupes out there. Not sure of ownership.
                Should you take off for the incorrect outside mirror?
                sigpic
                Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lark Parker View Post
                  Should you take off for the incorrect outside mirror?
                  I'm not so sure that's incorrect. Mine has one in the identical location and looks the same, and appears to have been there for the life of the car.
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                  X