'65 Cruiser almost complete.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '65 Cruiser almost complete.

Into this project for almost $12,000, including new front fenders, windshield, headliner, carpet, vinyl upholstery, weatherstrip, Turner front disks, paint, rustproofing all surface rust on floors, Edelbrock AFB and manifold, restriping the side trim, and polishing the chrome. Still have to apply new weatherstripping (the old stripping is pretty good) and detail wheel covers. Click on thumbnails to see all my projects in my various albums. The engine compartment was done with the 283 engine removed. Neighborhoods in this town look like typical SoCal neighborhoods in the 1950's, minus the palm trees <g>.

Last edited by jnfweber; 11-14-2012, 03:07 PM.
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana

Very nice!

Comment

Humm..., Mopar Cop Car wheels. Noticed too the same location of the white "Lark Type" posted a few days ago.

Tom
      '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Nice car, good work. Looks like a lot of attention paid to detail. I like that. I like the color, the interior, the wheel and tire combo. Come to think of it, I like it all. I think a lot of thought went in before the work started. Did I say I like that?

Comment

Very nice! You will have fun driving that around.
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Yep, there is something about white Mopar Cop Car wheels on a '65 Cruiser.....

Yours does look great. Good job.

Here's mine.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by JRoberts; 11-15-2012, 09:22 AM.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Room in my garage. nice jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Those Mopar Cop Car wheels are getting hard to find..., and pricey too! A set of four with the drilled out hub caps are in the $300 range. I have them on my '73 Valiant. For my '64 Daytona I elected to use Crown Vic Cop Car wheels. They are 16" as opposed to 15" for the Mopar. Also I have the older model Crown Vic wheel. There is a newer Crown Vic wheel that looks like it belongs on a front wheel drive car as the "dish" in the wheel is minimal. The down side is that the Crown Vic wheel doesn't have a provision to install the smaller center hub caps like the Mopar wheel. My 16" chrome rings are off a GMC Pick Up.

Tom
                Attached Files
                '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Originally posted by wittsend View Post
                  Those Mopar Cop Car wheels are getting hard to find..., and pricey too! A set of four with the drilled out hub caps are in the $300 range. I have them on my '73 Valiant. For my '64 Daytona I elected to use Crown Vic Cop Car wheels. They are 16" as opposed to 15" for the Mopar. Also I have the older model Crown Vic wheel. There is a newer Crown Vic wheel that looks like it belongs on a front wheel drive car as the "dish" in the wheel is minimal. The down side is that the Crown Vic wheel doesn't have a provision to install the smaller center hub caps like the Mopar wheel. My 16" chrome rings are off a GMC Pick Up.

Tom
                  Mopar Airflow wheels: 1978-89 police package cars and I think Taxicabs too.

Ford Panther (CV, TC, GM): the 2003-11 were the strong positive offset wheels that look at home on a FWD.
                  --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Lookin' good!!!
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

@jnfweber-That's one good looking car! We seem to be having a run of 65's on the forum.It's just the motivation I need to get off my keester and do something to mine!!

Comment

Working...
                      X