Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should one expect to pay for a rebuilt Flight-o-Matic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should one expect to pay for a rebuilt Flight-o-Matic??

IF I had a rebuilt FOM here - and it would have to be shipped if you were too far away to pick it up - what would one be willing to fork over for such???
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Might it depend upon who rebuilt it, how long ago the job was done, and to what extent it was actually rebuilt?

I had the one in my 60 Lark VIII rebuilt four years ago, and first gear start added, for $2000. This was done at Studebakers West in Redwood City.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I have a "gearhead" neighbor who used to teach automatic trannies in the Los Angeles school system years ago. He's retired now - retired from the movie industry actually - but still does the odd trannie for friends and family. He's been doing a few FOMs for me. In the course of things, I'm getting schooled on how these things function. What impresses me about him is that he not only knows what parts go where, but WHY they go like that and what they do in concert with all the other bits and pieces. He's said he'd be willing to do some of these for profit if anyone was interested and that's why I asked.
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscomacaw View Post
        I What impresses me about him is that he not only knows what parts go where, but WHY they go like that and what they do in concert with all the other bits and pieces.
        In my opinion, you have to have that depth of understanding to do a good job. Anything less than that is a crap shoot. It's good that you found him. Hopefully you can put him to work for all of us.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Working...
        X