Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

64 Cruiser Restored (or at least, Refurbished)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 Cruiser Restored (or at least, Refurbished)

Lots more pictures, but here are only before and after photos. Car belonged to both Ralph Beltram, and Dick Clemens, in SoCal, in that order. Don't know original owner. Before After
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana

More photos: New paint- Parchment White, matches inside of trunk color, new carpets, new headliner, wheels re-painted, new tires, new Strato-View mirror, chrome polished, side trim re-striped, total expenses around $6,500 including purchase price. Only surface rust, floors rust-proofed and spot painted. Instrument and steering wheel chrome slightly rusted and pitted. Studebaker aiir conditioning needs new check valve and fittings for new-type coolant.

I have edited this thread to include the image links to my Photobucket albums, which was not possible using the new (beta) version of Photobucket. By clicking on any of these thumbnails you will be linked to my full size photos in all my albums of all my Studebakers. JFW 11/13/2012
    Last edited by jnfweber; 11-13-2012, 09:45 AM.
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana

Comment

What's with the spotlight? I though they were only available on fleet type vehicles by the early 1960's.
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Good looking ride. Whats with all the houses? I thought everyone in Montana lived on a ranch.

Doug

Comment

Nice lookin' ride!

Comment

I really like the 64 Cruisers. "Spiffed up best describes it" Looking good mon. cheers jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
              Good looking ride. Whats with all the houses? I thought everyone in Montana lived on a ranch.

Doug
              I agree. Except for the lack of palm trees; it looks like a stereotypical SoCal neighborhood from the 1960's.
              --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Working...
              X