Hemi Stude not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hemi Stude not

I have found a better home for my 331 Hemi, I have waffled for well over a year on putting it in my '63 hawk. I recently bought a '39 Ford sedan, the Hemi will find it's home under the hood. The Stude 289 just runs too sweet to replace it
    Mark Riesch
    New Bern, NC

Don Garlits will smile on your decision.
    He is a sucker for hemi powered Ford's of that vintage.
    He must have a half dozen of them.....
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Good move Mark. As much as I love a HEMI, I would hate to see it replace a stock 289 in a stock Hawk.
      Neil Thornton

Comment

Yea, there's the weight to consider also if you wanna go cornering & a 331 aint exactly a 426 either.
        Last edited by Noxnabaker; 11-04-2012, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Yes, the 331CI is the least desireable of the early Chrysler Hemi engines, still, they ALL look great when the hood is opened! ( I drove a '58 Silver Hawk / 392CI Chrysler Hemi combo for a SHORT time)

Comment

I know the feeling since had a 53 "C" cab with a 241 Dodge Red Ram hemi, look super big valve covers and all but power nothing there, would have needed to rebuild and install power items to make it any better than an old 224 Studebaker, been there done that.
            Candbstudebakers
            Castro Valley,
            California

Comment

The Dodge RedRam 241 cu.in. baby-hemi's are smaller than the Chrysler ones, even in outside size.
              I had a original -53 NewYorker (331 cu.in.) wagon for daily driver a while & it burned rubber easily with wide wheels on any surface & that's a heavy car, but yeah, still...

Comment

Well it is a built 331, .060 overbore, 354 heads, 392 valves, mild cam ( can't remember the cam specs. just now),
                Mark Riesch
                New Bern, NC

Comment

sounds like a good place to put the hemi

off-topic, but have you hooked up with the folks here at ENCSDC? lots of good people!!!
                  Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

yes I have, have not been to a meeeting yet though, I am getting some parts help from Jamie in Hope Mills Should have drove up there today to meet and thank him.

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                    sounds like a good place to put the hemi

off-topic, but have you hooked up with the folks here at ENCSDC? lots of good people!!!
                    Mark Riesch
                    New Bern, NC

Comment

Working...
                    X