Looking for stock 3R bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for stock 3R bumper

Just purchased a 1954 3R-11 and I'm looking for a stock rear bumper for the pickup, the truck now has a home made unit that I don't care for. Also if anyone has a nice stock steering wheel for the same truck with no cracks I would be interested in that as well. Thanks, Stan from South Bend.

Good luck on both items, I have a steering wheel but I know there is a few small cracks as they all do when they get this old.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

Rear bumpers are really rare. That's at least partly because dealers ordered trucks without them. They'd sell aftermarket step bumpers to their customers.
      You won't find a steering wheel like you describe - at least not on this forum. Best bet is to have the Shrock Bros redo your old wheel. Tain't cheap, but it'll outlast you!
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Is this what the stock rear bumper looks like? This is from a 1949 2R11 that I sent to scrap 2 weeks ago. There was a guy that was interested in the bumpers and know I pulled the front bumper, but I can't remember if I got around to the back. I'll be sick if I didn't.

Click image for larger version

Name:	49 Stude Truck 008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1675948

Comment

Thats the one.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

Thanks for confirming Bob.

Comment

Don't worry Nick just a couple hundred $. Granted there's some homemade work done to the center of that one. That's the factory style.

If you ever run across a stock Chrome one. Keep it. Can't even guess the price on a banged up one last guess I heard years ago. $400
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post
                Don't worry Nick just a couple hundred $.
                That's more than the scrap man paid for the complete truck. It was only 2630 lbs. when they weighed it, so hopefully the bumper is in the shed.

Comment

Working...
                X