Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reedsville 2012 November 2 & 3, 2012 is still on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reedsville 2012 November 2 & 3, 2012 is still on!

I just got off the phone with Max Corkins and even with the impending storm, the decision has been made to hold this years Reedsville All Studebaker Swap Meet as scheduled this coming Week (11/2 & 11/3), By all indications, the severe weather should have passed by then.

However, if the fair grounds are not useable, Maxx has secured an alternate site as a backup. The final decision on where to hold the event will be made on Tuesday Night. If the alternate site is chosen, it will be in and around The Corkins Restoration Shop at 233 East 3rd Street, Lewistown, PA. In addition to his building, Max has also been granted access to the Fame Fire Company Building across the street. This building has a large parking area and enough space inside to accommodate our needs. Some tables will be available.

For further information you can contact Max directly at:

studemax@yahoo.com
    or
    PH: (717)513-8251
    T442163
    Crisitel@oit.Rutgers.edu

Good to hear, lets hope everything is going to be OK ....see you thursday
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Any word on how Reedsville area made out with the storm?
      sigpic

Comment

Just talked to the motel and they still have power and the weather isn't too bad there.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
          Any word on how Reedsville area made out with the storm?
          We were spared the worst of the storm. Winds were high, but not too much damage. The local rainfall was less than forecast, so there was no flooding. The current weather is cool and damp, but will be improving for Friday and Saturday. See you there.
          Jim Bradley
          Lake Monticello, VA
          '78 Avanti II
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rerun View Post
            We were spared the worst of the storm. Winds were high, but not too much damage. The local rainfall was less than forecast, so there was no flooding. The current weather is cool and damp, but will be improving for Friday and Saturday. See you there.
            Jim if you …or anyone else reading this …are at or near Reedsville and see that Stude Vendor driving his "Big White Bus" ...please tell him to call his wife …NOW!!! He set out for Reedsville two days ago in the high winds (I-80/I-90 was actually closed to big trucks until yesterday morning due to those high winds). As of last night she still could not make contact with him. TIA

UPDATE: He has just made contact with his "Home Base." A "big thank you" to that guy who passed the message to Tom!
            Last edited by Welcome; 10-31-2012, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Will not be in attendance this year. Too much to do before Thanksgiving week at Disney. Sucks, I love Reedsville
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Bob, I have had to cancel attendance this year as well. Mail Jeep needs a motor, and I was not planning on vending anyway.
                My whole family sans yours truly is at Disney this week, so I'm dog sitting too! York is just around the corner, so I think I'll survive. Gotta wonder what R-ville attendance will be like with all who have been touched by the storm.
                Jim
                I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Has anyone gone down to the fairground to see if Tom has made it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Vendor setup is noon Thursday. Tom is resourceful and stalwart. I will ask him if he has contacted "she who must be obeyed."
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Tom's bus

Has anyone gone down to the fairground to see if Tom has made it?
                      I live about 15 min from Reedsville...Son reported he saw Tom's bus there this evening!

Comment

Originally posted by studeguy54 View Post
                        I live about 15 min from Reedsville...Son reported he saw Tom's bus there this evening!
                        Good to hear but
                        I hope he phoned home, Cathy is probably very worried if he hasn't
                        sigpic

Comment

Has anyone gone down to the fairground to see if Tom has made it? Good to hear but
                          I hope he phoned home, Cathy is probably very worried if he hasn't
                          Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                          Vendor setup is noon Thursday. Tom is resourceful and stalwart. I will ask him if he has contacted "she who must be obeyed."
                          Originally posted by studeguy54 View Post
                          See the bold blue lettering in post #6. Reading comprehension, folks <GG>
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Very poor turn out of venders at Reedsvlle.....hope things pick up in the morning
                            sigpic

Comment

About how many vendors 2R5?

Comment

Working...
                              X