Enclosed transpoprt advice needed please, Michigan to Upstate NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enclosed transpoprt advice needed please, Michigan to Upstate NY

I hesitate to post this because I have been hoping to surprise a local friend with my latest purchase but I have had nothing but frustration trying to get a 1946 Champion from Clarklake MI to Rochester, NY, a distance of 458 miles. I had a false start with Passport who after almost two weeks missed their own window and then couldn't tell me when they'd be able to pick up the car. The second company isn't returning calls after missing their pickup date this past Friday. The next Studebaker I buy should be a flatbed. I took off this week from work to give the new car a good going over but I am losing hope that this will happen and I may end up spending the week cleaning house. Please don't let that happen.

Any suggestions or recommendations? All input is appreciated.

I had very good service from Enclosed Vehicle Transport (http://www.enclosedvehicletransport.com/). That was more than 9 years ago and I see they are still in business, even in this economy. Seems an indication that they continue to please customers.
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Looks like a perfect chance for Bob A. to use his new enclosed trailer, especially since he is located in your neck of the woods.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'm up for a trip like that

[QUOTE=studegary;689264]Looks like a perfect chance for Bob A. to use his new enclosed trailer, especially since he is located in your neck of the woods.

I'd enjoy the trip if he would

Comment

Thanks for volunteering me, Gary, but I am in no position to do transports for others currently. I have to reserve my vacation days for moving cars purchased for customers, and my local use. I was unable to deliver my own 57 Provincial to its new owner in CT. As she has many times in the past, Peg's Trucking handled the transport without problem.

Good luck to Justin.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I used www.dasautoshippers.com to have my Daytona shipped from Idaho(or maybe it was Nebraska, I'll have to double check) to New Jersey. Enclosed shipping was an option that I paid for as well as door to door delivery. My only complaint was since they want to send a loaded truck across country, my car sat in their yard for about 2 weeks before it was finally shipped. All that time sitting in their yard made the car filthy, but a good wash once it was in my driveway took care of it. Using a link from eBay, it compared 4 or 5 shipping companies and DAS was the cheapest. Aside from being filthy, the car did arrive damage free. If you don't choose door to door delivery, they will ship it to the terminal closest to you and you can pick it up from there.

Comment

Working...
            X