No announcement yet.

A Different Stude Restomod - AWD Hemistude 55 President/2009 Charger Melding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Different Stude Restomod - AWD Hemistude 55 President/2009 Charger Melding

Here's another Hemistude Project.

I searched the forum for this before posting it. Hope I haven't duplicated someone else's post.

This restomod is a little different; it's the joining of a 2009 AWD Hemi Charger with a 1955 President. The links below are from the progress blog. Should be a pretty interesting car when it's done.

Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
    Kenmore, Washington
    hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
    '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
    '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
    '69 Pontiac Firebird
    (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Dang! All Wheel Drive!
    And we complain about lining up trunions....
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Interesting build. My brother and I were discussing why no one was putting a late model Hemi in a Studebaker. I guess at least one person is.
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Last year I was at an auction with a police package Charger that had its body totaled with about 1000 miles on the car. If I had the shop to work in that I used to have, I would have bought it (it went for about $2K, IIRC) and put a Studebaker body on it.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Can't wait to see the final product. If he leaves the body looking stock, it will be one heck of a sleeper...
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

The info on just a custom frame might be of some serious interest to the guys who want to run stock Stude V8 drivetrains as well.
            --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

On the one hand, I dislike seeing a '55 'K's stock existence end after 57 years (especially one that solid), but I must say that feeling is strongly outweighed by the awesome job this crew is doing!

Comment

It's probably gone by now but in the second or third blog entry he offered up the original chassis and drivetrain to the first comer.
                Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
                Kenmore, Washington
                hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
                '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
                '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
                '69 Pontiac Firebird
                (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

WOW! I am envious on so many levels when I look through this project. The guy writing this makes it sound so easy, but we all know differently. Can't wait to see the final product.

By the way, that purple '55 looks familiar. Was it on ebay or something. It just looks like a car I have seen somewhere. I mean who could forget a purple '55 President?
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Is it only Speedsters that have the padded interior? I mean that it loox just like a purple-painted Commander to me... What's the different between a Commander & a President coupe?

Comment

Wow, every time you think you have seen the ultimate build someone comes up with a new one. Very impressive, looking forward to seeing it complete.

Pat
                      Pat Dilling
                      Olivehurst, CA
                      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                        The guy writing this makes it sound so easy, but we all know differently. Can't wait to see the final product.
                        yup, making it look so easy is what makes me green with envy! I wish I had the space, $, tools , time, and most of all the skill to do this type of work. Can`t wait to see the final product too. junior.
                        sigpic
                        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Wonder what the timeline is on this project. That will be a really serious 55 when done.
                          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

To: Nox,-----The difference between a Commander and a President coupe?......Not much really! (Same would apply to a Commander and President hardtop).

Comment

To SN-60: Thanx, it's always nice to get answer to a question! ...So why would anyone (probably) pay more for a President if a Commander is the same exept the color?

Comment

Working...
                              X