Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELLO SDC FORUM! New to the whole thing!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELLO SDC FORUM! New to the whole thing!!!

Good morning. Just wanted to say HELLO. My name is Chris, and my wife Melissa and I just purchased our first Studebaker... a 1963 Lark 8, sight-unseen, from 2500 miles away. LOVE IT.
    My Dad had a 1963 Lark that was sold in the early 80s to an owner in Springfield, Oregon.
    He just passed away, and we decided to get our first Lark in his memory.
    Apparently, this Lark was a show car in Phoenix. It was well-cared for. Now, we want to take on the responsibility of keeping it all original here in Maryland.
    Just joined the Club... looking forward to the times ahead!!!!

Thanks again,
    Chris and Melissa Kidwell
    Sparrows Point, MD.

Welcome to the club. Buying a Studebaker is a slippery slope. If you're not careful you will own several. On the plus side you'll have the oportunity to meet lots of good people and have a bunch of fun.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Hi Chris and Melissa

Welcome to one of the greatest organizations on earth and this forum. Glad to know that you have joined the National Club but you need to go one step further and that iJ to join a local chapter where you will meet all kinds of great people. In your are you have several choices. Those choices include the Potomac Chapter, the South jersey/Delaware Chapter, Keystone Chapter and the Eastern Shore Chapter. Why not go to the Local Chapter of this website (the SDC site) and find the chapter that suits your needs. I assure you you will not be disappointed. Again welcome to the hobby and the world of Studedom. By the way they do become contagious and tend to multiply in your garage. Just ask me and others and we will happy to tell you about that.
      sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Welcome to the Forum, guys! You've got a great little car there I'm particularly fond of '63s myself...

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome aboard, and try to attend as many meets as you can. Colorado Springs will be a long trip for you, but shortly you will have an International meet a lot closer. Catch a Zone Meet or three also, dates are posted in TURNING WHEELS.
          Thanks for joining the SDC!

Comment

Chris and Melissa,

Welcome to the Studebaker Drivers Club! My wife Kary and I have made some great friends as a result of our Lark. I know you will too! Everyone is right! Find a Chapter, and attend as many meets as you possibly can. You will have a great time!

Comment

Welcome Chris.....enjoy your car and do join a local club. looking forward to seeing you and your car at a Studebaker meet soon !
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
                Hi Chris and Melissa

Welcome to one of the greatest organizations on earth and this forum. Glad to know that you have joined the National Club but you need to go one step further and that iJ to join a local chapter where you will meet all kinds of great people. In your are you have several choices. Those choices include the Potomac Chapter, the South jersey/Delaware Chapter, Keystone Chapter and the Eastern Shore Chapter. Why not go to the Local Chapter of this website (the SDC site) and find the chapter that suits your needs. I assure you you will not be disappointed. Again welcome to the hobby and the world of Studedom. By the way they do become contagious and tend to multiply in your garage. Just ask me and others and we will happy to tell you about that.
                Per Don's invitation to check for local chapters, I'd like to throw in a bid for the Potomac Chapter (Maryland, Virginia, DC and West Virginia). We have a number of members in the Baltimore area. Check our website http://www.potomacsdc.org/ Click on the Contacts and Membership box at the upper left for membership information.
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

By the way Chris and Melissa, the 2014 SDC International Meet will be held just north of you at the Dover International Raceway in Dover DE. If you cannot make it to Colorado Springs in 2013, which I hope you do, then think about 2014 in Dover. Questions about meets just ask and we will answer. By the way I support Paul's invitation to you but in all fairness needed to mention all local chapters close to you.
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Welcome to our world. I look forward to hearing more about your new adventure. There has to be a story behind "HissingElf".
                    Perry
                    \'50 Business Champion
                    \'50 Starlight Champion
                    \'60 Lark Convertible,
                    \'63 GT R1,
                    \'67 Triumph TR4A

Comment

Working...
                    X