Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to find the right home for a pristine 50,000 mile 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to find the right home for a pristine 50,000 mile 1956 Studebaker Golden Hawk

This Hawk was restored back to its original glory by Don Borger, Carlisle Pa. Have two Golden Hawks on the go with updated suspensions and drive trains. We bought this to enjoy while we built out the first Hawk. Will complete it this winter. So am selling this for someone else to enjoy.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mike super; 10-21-2012, 09:46 AM.

Great color and lovely looking Hawk - thanks for trying to keep it in the "family" and good luck with the sale...I guess one can have too many Hawks!? ...Bob

Comment

To: mike super,-----Your '56 Golden is beautiful. Is it stick O/D or Twin-Ultramatic ? Power steering / Power brakes? Stock 352?

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
        To: mike super,-----Your '56 Golden is beautiful. Is it stick O/D or Twin-Ultramatic ? Power steering / Power brakes? Stock 352?
        The car is automatic. Does not have power steering or brakes.. The 352 is stock. Exactly as the build sheet state. Now.... I have no idea if it is o/d or twin ultramatic but will determine that and post up.

Comment

Have consigned my Hawk with Significant Cars. Here are the latest shots I took for the consigment.....
          Attached Files

Comment

Do you know what color this is? Paint code? Just what I was looking for, looks great!!

Comment

Originally posted by doublepaddle View Post
              Do you know what color this is? Paint code? Just what I was looking for, looks great!!
              Is an original color...one should be able to search it easily. I do not have the code....maybe someone else here can chime in and answer your question.

Comment

Looks to me like this two-tone color was called
                P5642 TANGERINE/SNOWCAP WHITE

There is also a 1956 Golden Hawk in this color here. http://granger.saintclassified.com/1...-for-ad-113928

http://www.1956goldenhawk.com/paintchp.htm

Beautiful car.
                sigpic

Comment

Just a caution for you. Be careful using the term "It is absolutely original". In car circles it has a specific meaning. It means that the car is untouched and as it was from the factory. In your disclosures, be sure to make it clear that the car has been restored. Restoration could mean many different things to different people. Even to those who did the work. Factory original tells the buyer that the car is untouched and a survivor which has been protected from the elements, and those who would do her harm, i.e. we evil hot rodders. I realize that you did say that its been restored, but calling it original is where it gets dicey. BTW, I love the car and I'm not trying to be malicious, just helpful. Good luck on the sale.
                  sals54

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
                    Looks to me like this two-tone color was called
                    P5642 TANGERINE/SNOWCAP WHITE
                    <<<Beautiful car.
                    Right on!!!

Only 118 of the 4,071, 1956 Golden Hawks built were with two-tone Paint Code P-5642, "TANGERINE and SNOWCAP WHITE." Studebaker discontinued "TANGERINE" on 3/27/56, so basically it was only a half production model year offering.

You have listed in your Post #8 a link to the 3rd (of the remaining 5) "TANGERINE and SNOWCAP WHITE" 56Js I am aware still exist.

Comment

Working...
                    X