Recommendations for Hydrovac Brake Booster Rebuilder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Recommendations for Hydrovac Brake Booster Rebuilder

I am looking for recommendations and experiences about reliable and competent Hydrovac rebuilders. Would appreciate getting recommendations for rebuilders whose work is highly regarded and worth recommending; as well as those with reasonable turn around times. I used Power Brake Exchange in San Jose and was disappointed. Had to return the booster for a redo. So looking for an alternative. Names, addresses and/or website addresses would be very helpful.
    Thanks, Garth Collins. San Francisco, California.

Check out Booster Dewey in Portland OR. I have had several done over the years and have never been disappointed.

Mark

Comment

Booster Dewey (Power Brake Booster Exchange) only does firewall mount boosters such as Bendix MasterVac as used on Studebakers, and he does not do Hydrovacs.

Comment

Originally posted by GBC View Post
        I am looking for recommendations and experiences about reliable and competent Hydrovac rebuilders. Would appreciate getting recommendations for rebuilders whose work is highly regarded and worth recommending; as well as those with reasonable turn around times. I used Power Brake Exchange in San Jose and was disappointed. Had to return the booster for a redo. So looking for an alternative. Names, addresses and/or website addresses would be very helpful.
        Thanks, Garth Collins. San Francisco, California.
        Garth have you checked with Studebaker West ? I know they have them done now and then, my grandson just had his 62 GT hawk one done in Sacramento, not sure the cost yet but will ask....Bob
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I had my 63 Hawk Hydrovac drum brake booster done by {Rebuilders Enterprises} from Illinois. Works as it should. 2 yr ago price was 200.00 plus shipping both ways. They use a new type of diaphram which does not require the yearly injection of neatsfoot oil. They have a web page. Google for it. cheers jimmijim
          sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Thanks all for the responses. Will check out the "Rebuilders Enterprises" website to see what they require. And Bob thanks for the suggestion about Studebakers West. I was told they use Power Brake Exchange in San Jose. I may eventually have to use them in the long run, will have to see how things go! Thanks again, all for the input.

Garth Collins, San Francisco, Ca.

Comment

thanks but fuc% you

Thanks for acknowledging a tip. Nice knowing it may be appreciated. I have many times sent PM's to folks requesting info and many times not even recieved a Fuc% you back.
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
              X