Avanti --- No Longer Naked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti --- No Longer Naked

The last time we saw the 74 Avanti it had been stripped with razor blades. In the second pix after a ton of hours filling, sanding, filling and sanding it looks like a coat of many colors but reasonably straight.

The third shot is covered in two coats of 2K to hopefully arrive at a straight body ready for painting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020049.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1736578Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020095.jpg
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1736579Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020101.jpg
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	1736580

Hopefully it will be ready for paint before too long. I need to quit sanding pretty soon.

Bob

How many hours to get it to this point?
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Good work, Bob. About the most FG work I ever did was to patch up a cedar strip rowboat. I was 15 and used FG resin with my mom's tea towels! Held water until a friend put his foot through the bottom. Doh! I'm sure your efforts will pay off.
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
        How many hours to get it to this point?
        I'm afraid to add them up but 50+ in the scraping and maybe a little less in the prep so far. I'm doing it a few hours a day and I'm quite a bit slower than a body shop but you get the idea of why a paint job can get real expensive.

Probably another 20 or so before paint.

Bob

Comment

Bob,

That is a FAR better sight than the last time we saw her! And each time is a huge improvement from the previous! It may seem slow on your end but from here you are certainly keeping a steady pace. It really won't be too long before you'll be rowing her through the gears. Enjoy!

Cheers, Ken

Comment

Working...
          X