Help finding wheel center logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding wheel center logo

I have some neat looking wire wheels just installed on my 63 Avanti....
    but the center is a 3 inch diam. blank area. I had one Studebaked 3" badge and if I can locate
    three more I can complete the set. Tried SI but they are all out of 3" decal. Any ideas who
    might have them for sale?
    Attached Files
    The 1950 Champion Starlight
    Santa Barbara
    CA

Try Myer's Studebaker or Nostalgic Motors.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I have a set that say "Avanti", silver over black as I recall. I'm not sure of the dia. from memory. I acquired them years ago, but never put them to use. If interested, PM me and I'll locate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
        Try Myer's Studebaker or Nostalgic Motors.
        What Bruce said. I got some from Myer's Studebaker not too long ago.
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

I put a set of Dayton wires on my Avanti in May and used the Avanti plastic adhesive backed decals available for Studebaker International with silver background and black letters or black background with silver letters. The Dayton spinners also came with the same sized decals with their logo on them. The decals are not 3" though. I believe they are 2 5/8" or 2 7/8". You should be able to see them in the catalog or in the online catalog and check to see if the size will work for your wheels.
          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks all.
            I called Jon Myers and he has "avanti" decals but they are only 2 1/8 inch D.
            I found the Studebaker Museum Store has sticky backed 3 inch diam. decals
            and ordered a set of four. I would rather have black and silver with "Avanti"
            as opposed to the red ball with Studebaker script but the car has been painted red so
            the red decals will look OK.
            ....Dick Curtis
            I'll try SI but tyhey were out of the red 3" ones. I'll callagain re the 2 5/8 silver on black.
            The 1950 Champion Starlight
            Santa Barbara
            CA

Comment

The man for the job is Stu Tritt. I am not sure if he is on here or not, but he does great work! Tell him I sent you!

Carey
              Packard Hawk

Comment

this site may be of some interest for wheel center caps and other self-adhesive vinyl decals: http://www.edecals.com/custom_decal_..._designer.html

don't know the company, but was recommended to me awhile back.
                Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Testor has decal software and decal paper, your printer, and you can make your own ! I think you do need their basic kit and additional third party software to get the what you desire. This is all availible on the web.

Comment

Working...
                  X