Real Survivor, amazingly original

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Survivor, amazingly original

I'm surprised that no one has commented about this '54 Commander barn find survivor. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/47K-M...orcev4exp=true
    I know a four-door isn't as sought after, but this one... 47,000 miles, automatic, power steering, original paint, interior with the original brown carpets, trunk with the original trunk mat, seats in original nylon showing no staining and almost no wear, virtually rust-free, complete history from new, owners manual and other instructions- things you just don't find often. And, it's ready to drive away.
    I am about 30 miles from the car. I don't know the seller, but some local Studebaker guys do.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

I saw it and really like the car. Its not in the cards right now but I thought it was a real car for the money. Steve
    sigpic

Comment

That looks nice. Imagine what the price/bid would be at if it was a Starliner. The Starliner was only $215 more when new.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
        I'm surprised that no one has commented about this '54 Commander barn find survivor. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/47K-M...orcev4exp=true I know a four-door isn't as sought after, but this one... 47,000 miles, automatic, power steering, original paint, interior with the original brown carpets, trunk with the original trunk mat, seats in original nylon showing no staining and almost no wear, virtually rust-free, complete history from new, owners manual and other instructions- things you just don't find often. And, it's ready to drive away. I am about 30 miles from the car. I don't know the seller, but some local Studebaker guys do.
        Thanks for posting! A very interesting Studebaker, indeed!!!

So what are the opinions of Forum Members only given the description and photos on eBay ...would this Studebaker qualify for the SDC's "SURVIVOR CLASS" for judging purposes???

Comment

Yes, for sure.
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

If it hasn't been repainted. The rust on the fender dosen't look to good. Here it starts from the inside out.
            Klif
            55 Speedster/Street Machine
            63 Avanti R2
            64 Convertible R1

Comment

I've been admiring it (it's on my eBay watch list). Is the chrome strip along the middle of the doors standard? It really interferes with the character line flowing from the front fender thru to the rear door.

Comment

Nice! You,know,I think I almost like the taller look of the sedans better than the C and Ks. This one would definitely look nice in my garage.
                Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Originally posted by epb View Post
                  I've been admiring it (it's on my eBay watch list). Is the chrome strip along the middle of the doors standard? It really interferes with the character line flowing from the front fender thru to the rear door.
                  Yes, that's stock trim. I agree with you that it looks odd.
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Shift lever knob laying on the drivers seat?
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

nice driver...

Comment

That's a really smart looking car. The color is perfect and it looks to be in great shape.
                        Wish I had the room for such a beauty.
                        Rog
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                        X