Looking for some 50 Champion Headlight doo-dads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some 50 Champion Headlight doo-dads

I took the headlights out of Dad's 50 Starlight this morning. Found that some of the little parts were missing. I assume these cars had a spring on the lower right side of the bucket like a later model Hawk did. It also seems that the clips that hold the turn signal light lens in are missing. Right now the lens and retainer rings are glued on with clear silicon.

Any idea who might have springs and the little retainer clips?
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

We have a number of vendors of Studebaker parts. The chassis parts book will call out all the little parts and give the part numbers. The name and part number will be more descriptive to a parts vendor than "doo-dad."
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

Isn't a 'doo-dad' something the children say when approaching Dad with a request??? (Sorry, could not resist.)
      1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

Come on fellas. I know you have all used "technical terms" like doo-dad and thing-a-ma-jig to describe parts that you didn't know the P/N for.

Anyway, the manual / catalog set finally arrived. The part numbers I am looking for are:

qty 4 of P/N 285192 (spring)
        qty 8 of P/N 291874 (retainer pin for spring)
        qty 4 of P/N 290520 (clip for parking lamp lens)

Anyone have these? I don't care if they are NOS or used. I just need to get the headlight buckets out of the back seat and installed back in the car.

Wayne
        Wayne
        "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Try Studebakers West in redwood City, CA. 650-366-8787

Tell Carl and Herman that RadioRoy sent you.

Now that you have the part numbers, it's a snap.
          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

I've actually got some of those doo-dads, but they're in place in HL buckets. If I remove them, then that diminishes the value of the buckets. Any real hardware store ought to yield some springs that would work.
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X