'66 Cruisers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '66 Cruisers

Anybody got an excellent, stock '66 Cruiser with 230? I'm just in the earliest stages of, well, thinking that I could like one of those. Really like the interiors. Body, frame, paint, interior, mechanically, all excellent. V8's are a distinct possibility too. What's out there? Thanks.
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

Bill, I know of a beautiful '66 Cruiser in Monterey, Tennessee for sale. (Between Nashville and Knoxville).

30K original miles, 100% original aside from tires and a battery. It's as close to a brand new '66 as you'll find and literally needs nothing. It's green/turquoise with the gold interior and loaded with options. 283 with automatic. The current owner bought it a few years ago from a former Studebaker Dealership owner, who had saved the car for himself. Price is $10K.

The current owner has been into Studebakers since the 50's (if not earlier) and his health doesn't allow him to drive anymore. I can try to get you pictures if you'd like.

Comment

Having owned both, The V-8 is really the only appropriate engine for a Cruiser. The difference is like day and night, turning a lack-luster econo-cart into a mini-Limo fit for royalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
        Anybody got an excellent, stock '66 Cruiser with 230? I'm just in the earliest stages of, well, thinking that I could like one of those. Really like the interiors. Body, frame, paint, interior, mechanically, all excellent. V8's are a distinct possibility too. What's out there? Thanks.
        Bill , there were only 167 Cruisers built with 230 auto. , odds of finding one of them around in good shape is not going to be very good.
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I once owned a 230 automatic '66 Cruiser. Late "Plum" color, white vinyl roof, gold cloth interior. I thought the 230 six cylinder was just fine in this combination, and I have owned several '65 - '66 Cruisers with the 283 for comparison. This very car is still in the Portland, OR area, but is in rough shape now.

Comment

Just goes to show that the only one that needs to be satisfied in the end is the owner.
            And different strokes fer different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
              Bill, I know of a beautiful '66 Cruiser in Monterey, Tennessee for sale....

Comment

This one is local to me
                1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                  There you go, Bill; ask and ye shall receive!

Better jump on it pronto; they don't make 'em up in Canada anymore, you know...

BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Bill , you looking to get all the 66 models in your collection?
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                      Bill , you looking to get all the 66 models in your collection?
                      I've always liked the Cruiser's interior. Didn't think such a nice one would pop up so soon! LOL

I'd be a ways away from doing anything about it I think, but nice to know there's such a nice one out there. Now that it's promoted a bit, the seller might be very happy!
                      Bill Pressler
                      Kent, OH
                      (formerly Greenville, PA)
                      Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                      Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                      1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                      1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                      All are in Australia now

Comment

In this months Studebaker news letter Phoenix AZ. The ECHO a 1964 Daytona and (perhaps a 1965 too) with strong running 289 is listed many new parts listed, also has up grade to R1 and pro built R2 are also available. R2 will include a working supercharger pulleys.... You may contact Walt at 602-885-2216

Comment

Originally posted by cultural infidel View Post
                          Not a Cruiser, therefore not the interior that Bill seeks.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pressler View Post
                            I've always liked the Cruiser's interior.
                            Bill - Have you spent a reasonable amount of time riding in the front of any stock 1966 Cruiser? I, and many friends that have owned 1966 Cruisers, are uncomfortable in the front seat. There are people that are exceptions. Different seats fit different people in a different way. When people used 1966 Cruisers as everyday cars, I knew of several that had their front seats changed to earlier model seats, like from a 1964 Cruiser.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              Bill - Have you spent a reasonable amount of time riding in the front of any stock 1966 Cruiser? I, and many friends that have owned 1966 Cruisers, are uncomfortable in the front seat. There are people that are exceptions. Different seats fit different people in a different way. When people used 1966 Cruisers as everyday cars, I knew of several that had their front seats changed to earlier model seats, like from a 1964 Cruiser.

I am one of those 'exceptions'. I find the '66 Cruiser seats to be VERY comfortable on the back.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X