Hood needed--$%^$&*%##!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hood needed--$%^$&*%##!!!!!

Well, I could use a few words not allowed on the forum. I am workng on a 56 Golden Hawk and as my luck would have it, the hood came up as I was driving to the shop. needless to say, the hood is toast. I can see where it has happened before and the hood was repaired. I dont think it can be fixed again. While I was in South Bend for the International, I purchased a hood and arranged to have it shipped home. When the hood arrived, I unwrapped it and it is not the hood I purchased. I can see through parts of this hood and the hood corners are bent. The one I bought was straight and solid.

Now, I firmly believe that Studebaker folks are pretty damned dependable and honest, (99.9% of them, anyway) and I have contacted the seller to see if a mistake was made. I'm not going to call out anyone as long as things are made right. I don't like confrontation and hopefully we can come to an agreement.

A similar thing happened to me a few years ago at the South Bend swap meet over some stuff I bought. I took my lumps on the parts I bought and continued on. The guy I bought my parts from is still around and never offered to do anything to make things right. Needless to say, he will not get any more of my money.

Anyway, I am looking for a good 56 hood, hopefully in the southeast . I am not opposed to a road trip to pick one up if needed.

Thanks for letting me vent a little, I feel better now.
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

DOUBLE-BUMMER!!!

Comment

Jamie, here's a shot in the dark - this ad is from Nov. 2011:

For sale: Many used 56 J Parts, Hawk doors and rear quarters, Packard V-8s, 3spd overdrive setups, Power steering pumps. Call for needs. Many Studebaker Parts Available. K Body Window Flipper Restoration Services, Stainless steel straightening, polishing. Very Good 56 Golden Hawk Hood. Dwayne Jacobson, 2620 Lake View Drive, Junction City, WI 54443. email - studebaker56j@mac.com Phone 715-572-7292. (11-2011)

from this web site: http://www.1956goldenhawk.com/page5.htm
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
        Jamie, here's a shot in the dark - this ad is from Nov. 2011:

For sale: Many used 56 J Parts, Hawk doors and rear quarters, Packard V-8s, 3spd overdrive setups, Power steering pumps. Call for needs. Many Studebaker Parts Available. K Body Window Flipper Restoration Services, Stainless steel straightening, polishing. Very Good 56 Golden Hawk Hood. Dwayne Jacobson, 2620 Lake View Drive, Junction City, WI 54443. email - studebaker56j@mac.com Phone 715-572-7292. (11-2011)

from this web site: http://www.1956goldenhawk.com/page5.htm
        That same gentleman was on this very Forum looking for a 1956 Hawk hood a few weeks ago. Perhaps he found more that the one mentioned here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ight=1956+hood

Comment

The hood was not shipped by common carrier. Thanks to some great Studebaker guys, the hood was relayed from South Bend to Raleigh, NC, right to my shop at work.
          Kerry, thanks for the information.
          Jamie McLeod
          Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
          1958 Commander "Christine"
          1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
          1955 Commander Sedan
          1964 Champ
          1960 Lark

Comment

I have one that could be fixed with a LOT of work. Both corners are bent. The bottom lip was rusted so I welded a piece on from another hood along with the handlebar. I was going to use it on my car but found a better one. If you want it bad enough to come get it, you can have it. You could pick up the seat frames for Christine while you are here.
            Neil Thornton

Comment

PM sent. I have a hood in Roanoke Rapids, NC
              Wayne
              "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X